Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Render very slow SVRT Red bar across whole time line
ozrock [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2016 03:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

With 365 and Win 10 Pro I sem to be having render slow problems.

I have a time line with 4 tracks of clips, titles fx etc and I see that the little blue clock is always on and the SVRT bar is staying red. I checked the SVRYT admin and irt show 5 entries all red.

How do I get it to render faster?

I have looked at the Google clips about render as well but not sure why my tred line us not moving.

A couple of q's..

1. Does it render a clip that has been shortened both ends using the arrow slower that if the clip had been cut to the length it was needed?
  2. Doies it render the video if the tracks below are disables during the render time?

Does the blue render icon disappear when it is rendered ?

I have left the screen and timeline open for 2 hours and I see boty the SVRT abd tge Blue icon are still there.

Does this mean it ius not rendering at all?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 22. 2023 22:40

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT means smart rendering in other video editors. It means video that is not changed in the timeline can be copied over, Since you have 4 tracks, I doubt that smart rendering can be used at all. SVRT may work on the h.264 encoded files if you check the ‘Allow svrt on a single…’ in Preferences. The produced avc files have problems playing on correctly on most players. You will probably see some green on the svrt bar and encoding may be somewhat faster over the green portions on the timeline.

1 Yes, only if it is an avc encoded mp4.
2. Yes.

Someone else will have to answer about the blue icon. I don’t remember that. Why not do hardware encoding to speed up the production. Others will give a different opinion about svrt based on their experience.

I use svrt all the time as I tend to do all the corrections in the camera and use the clips, trimming off the ends. Works only on avc and not on hevc clips from my cameras.
ozrock [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2016 03:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote SVRT means smart rendering in other video editors. It means video that is not changed in the timeline can be copied over, Since you have 4 tracks, I doubt that smart rendering can be used at all. SVRT may work on the h.264 encoded files if you check the ‘Allow svrt on a single…’ in Preferences. The produced avc files have problems playing on correctly on most players. You will probably see some green on the svrt bar and encoding may be somewhat faster over the green portions on the timeline.

1 Yes, only if it is an avc encoded mp4.
2. Yes.

Someone else will have to answer about the blue icon. I don’t remember that. Why not do hardware encoding to speed up the production. Others will give a different opinion about svrt based on their experience.

I use svrt all the time as I tend to do all the corrections in the camera and use the clips, trimming off the ends. Works only on avc and not on hevc clips from my cameras.

Thank you, I will do some experimenting when I get the time.