Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerDVD 22 and G560 speakers
mike kay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2023 22:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought Logitech G560 speakers and found that playing any format of video or audio requires the sound of PowerDVD to be at 8 channel. Any time is switch to another speaker number (I.E. 2 4 or 6 speaker) I get the following message

"Temporarily Unavailable for Current Audio Format ( ch/0bits/4456551 KHz)"

Is there a solution to this problem

For Clarifacation the G560 speakers is a Logitech G560 PC Gaming Speaker System with 7.1 DTS:X Ultra Surround Sound, Game based LIGHTSYNC RGB, Two Speakers and Subwoofer, Immersive Gaming Experience

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2023 22:19

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just bought Logitech G560 speakers and found that playing any format of video or audio requires the sound of PowerDVD to be at 8 channel. Any time is switch to another speaker number (I.E. 2 4 or 6 speaker) I get the following message

"Temporarily Unavailable for Current Audio Format ( ch/0bits/4456551 KHz)"

Is there a solution to this problem

For Clarifacation the G560 speakers is a Logitech G560 PC Gaming Speaker System with 7.1 DTS:X Ultra Surround Sound, Game based LIGHTSYNC RGB, Two Speakers and Subwoofer, Immersive Gaming Experience

It seems your speaker set supports multitypes of audio input interfaces (AUX, USB and BT).
I've never heard that a speaker set strictly requires a player to output multi-channel audio signal.

Have you ever tried using the AUX cable (3.5mm audio cable) to connect your speakers to PC?

If you used the USB or BT digital interface to connect your speaker to PC, the speakers definitely do not have DTS or Dolby decoder on the hardware natively. It supports DTS:X effect but does not necessarily mean it supports DTS audio decoding.

Just disable the DTS and Dolby decoding options at the supported format tab of your speaker in windows sound control panel > playback device > properties page to not use the speakers to decode Dolby or DTS audio.

And, do not select the audio output as multi-channel in powerdvd audio settings. Select it as system default.

I consider it might help your case.