Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youcam shuts down upon clickon on CAPTURE. Photos and Burst are OK
Brewsterblock [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2023 19:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to use Youcam V3.5.2.4725 (DE) on my HP laptop using W10 and a brand new Creative LIVE! CAM SYNC v3.
I can take photos including BURST and see myself on screen, so for sure it is connected and recognized. As soon as I click CAPTURE, the button turns to STOP for a second or 2 and then the entire app closes. I tried this on the built in W10 CAMERA app - it works OK, just noy Youcam.
I also closed all apps first and started W10 task manager. It confirmed no apps running before I started your software. Made no difference. I seem to have lots of disk space (hard disc).
Any suggestions?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2023 12:47

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to use Youcam V3.5.2.4725 (DE) on my HP laptop using W10 and a brand new Creative LIVE! CAM SYNC v3.
I can take photos including BURST and see myself on screen, so for sure it is connected and recognized. As soon as I click CAPTURE, the button turns to STOP for a second or 2 and then the entire app closes. I tried this on the built in W10 CAMERA app - it works OK, just noy Youcam.
I also closed all apps first and started W10 task manager. It confirmed no apps running before I started your software. Made no difference. I seem to have lots of disk space (hard disc).
Any suggestions?

Wow, Youcam 3......It is such an old version that might probably released for a decade, and you operated this legacy version software on a new Windows 10 platform?

I believe this old version Youcam is not compatible with new windows OS at all. If you really like its features pretty much, consider their new version instead.

I'm wondering your HP laptop is a very old model as well that released for many years if it was bundled with free youcam 3.

Although you can install Windows 10 on your laptop, it does not mean the hardware has full and proper compatibility to run multimedia process in Windows 10.

Perhaps you can also consider using your new webcam on a newer PC to operate the capturing in higher video resolution.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2023 23:07

Brewsterblock [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2023 19:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Wow, Youcam 3......It is such an old version that might probably released for a decade, and you operated this legacy version software on a new Windows 10 platform?

I believe this old version Youcam is not compatible with new windows OS at all. If you really like its features pretty much, consider their new version instead.

I'm wondering your HP laptop is a very old model as well that released for many years if it was bundled with free youcam 3.

Although you can install Windows 10 on your laptop, it does not mean the hardware has full and proper compatibility to run multimedia process in Windows 10.

Perhaps you can also consider using your new webcam on a newer PC to operate the capturing in higher video resolution.

Thanks for all of that. Didn't think I would ever get a reply. Don't recall where the Youcam came from but will definitely look for something newer. The PC is old but W10 Camera app. works fine with my new Live Cam. Thanks for getting back to me.

Brewster