Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
clip produced to mp4 gives black screen
Imaginator_1951 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2022 17:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I'm sure there's some simple thing I'm omitting in the process, so I'm hoping someone has the solution. So far, following the various online tutorials has not helped.

I'm using powerdirector 365 version 21.1.2401.0 on a windows 10 pc.

I'm trying to imitate the old Warner Bros cartoon opening with a stock image and my logo. Through much trial and error, I finally figured out the pip layout and function. Keyframes were not cooperating, as I could find no way to have the logo stop when it reached its largest point (kept zooming back down, no matter how I tried to clip the segment. I finally added a snapshot of the desired end point and blended that in to produce the "stop".

After all that, when I try to "produce" the image, all I can get is an mp4 of black screen. Same with .avi.

What's blocking the video from being rendered?

Any shared wisdom would be appreciated.

Rowell Gormon
[Thumb - SnapShot-hold.jpg]
 Filename
SnapShot-hold.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello.

I'm sure there's some simple thing I'm omitting in the process, so I'm hoping someone has the solution. So far, following the various online tutorials has not helped.

I'm using powerdirector 365 version 21.1.2401.0 on a windows 10 pc.

I'm trying to imitate the old Warner Bros cartoon opening with a stock image and my logo. Through much trial and error, I finally figured out the pip layout and function. Keyframes were not cooperating, as I could find no way to have the logo stop when it reached its largest point (kept zooming back down, no matter how I tried to clip the segment. I finally added a snapshot of the desired end point and blended that in to produce the "stop".

After all that, when I try to "produce" the image, all I can get is an mp4 of black screen. Same with .avi.

What's blocking the video from being rendered?

Any shared wisdom would be appreciated.

Rowell Gormon

Attaching a pic of your timeline might allow one to see what you have and to assist.

You might try pref > Hardware Acceleration and untick the second box about decoding if it's checked.

Jeff
Imaginator_1951 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2022 17:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

Attaching a pic of your timeline might allow one to see what you have and to assist.

You might try pref > Hardware Acceleration and untick the second box about decoding if it's checked.

Jeff

Thank you. Here's a screen grab.
[Thumb - Capture_PD365 logo zoom project screen.JPG]
 Filename
Capture_PD365 logo zoom project screen.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
146 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)