Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 selects the wrong Disc menu template
Danilowitsch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 01:10 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I tried already many things to solve this problem. Technical support was not able to help me. First problem: There are only very few disc menu templates visible as pictures. I think there should be about 40 templates. But I can see only 10. The other templates are showing as black boxes with numbers. I I try to choose one of these black boxes, PD8 is crashing.
I tried to change form 16:9 to 4:3 project. This has no effect.
I did uninstall PD8 and made a new installation. First the PD8 program and then the content pack. This doesen't solve the problem.
Second problem: If I am selecting one of these visible menu templates, PD8 is taking the wrong one. For example: I am selecting disc menu template no. 3. PD8 is taking template no 4. A completely different template. Does anybody have an idea, what I can try? I am almost becomming mad!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Daniel -

I use PD8 Ultra & there are 9 templates + a no menu option. Of course, you can download others from DirectorZone or make your own.

I don't have any black boxes in the menu templates library - nor does PD crash when I select one. That's also the first time I've heard it reported (that I remember) that PD applies the wrong menu after a selection has been made.

Obviously there's something terribly wrong with how PD is working on your system... & it's hard to think what it might be.

When you uninstalled PD, did you do a registry clean up too? http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/posts/list/1801.page

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Danilowitsch [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony.
Yes, I made a registry clean up after uninstalling PD8.
First I uninstalled PD8.
Next I did reboot my PC.
After that, I cleaned up the registry with TuneUp Utilities.
I did reboot my PC.
Then I installed again PD8, first the program file and then the content pack.
This doesen't solve the problem.
I also tried to download menu templates from directorzone.
After clicking on these files, it says "successfully installed". But after restarting PD8, the imported files don't show up.

I only got strange advice from cyberlink support. First I should try 16bit Display color settings. And then to send s DxDiag file. After that, the answered that DxDiag shows 16bit color display. I should increase to the maximum.

Is it possible that my first fully downloaded version from August 2009 is corrupt? I always installed the new patches.
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2010 23:06 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have similar problems where a downloaded template (PIP) does not entirely load into the displayed library at first.
If I access the new file through the Windows directories, I will eventually see it show up in the display library.....along with ALL the other ones I have downloaded and thought they had mysteriously vanished
Danilowitsch [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just solved my problem. There were still some menu templates from the previous powerdirector 6 installed on my PC. These templates were not removed when I installed PD8. I think, these menu templates are not compatible with PD8. These template packages can be uninstalled like a normal software.
There was also a folder named "Shared Files" in the directory C:\program files\cyberlink. This "Shared files" folder was installed in 2006. I uninstalled all cyberlink software, deleted the entire cyberlink folder C:\program files\cyberlink and a cleaned up the registry, rebooted the PC and made a completely new installation of PD8. Now, everything works fine.
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2010 23:06 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Ah,
I may have the problem with the old trial version downloaded, which is now replaced by new installation from disk. (?)

I'll try to clean out file folders.