Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 and DVD-Audio discs
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2010 12:49 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ramday ,thanks again very helpfull ,my navigation option is missing the last thing i have on that menu is chapter viewer thumb nails so i'm at a loss but atleast we know Michael is wrong on the ability to play DVD-Audio ,and i can plug on at cyberpower to help find a solution to this problem .
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
This link is genuine it's through cyberlinks website from the forum and is still showing powerdvd 9 ultra supports DVD-Audio ,google it and check it out for your self http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/volume-license/enu/pdvd.jsp
Jensigner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2010 15:01 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I noticed that this page for upgrading to 9 Ultra does NOT seem to include MLP by default. There is a + mark beside MLP Decoding which mouses over with "add it on" .. but where is the "add on" pack?
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/oem/cyberlink/powerdvd/9/enu-v4-15/01-comparison.jsp?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=490&width=800
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see what you mean on that link but the link i posted shows it's supported as is supplied and if it was an add on how come cyberpower never said to me when trying to solve it download the add on pack to enable MLP so i's still flumuxed to why the instruction manual and the website shows it's supported and some videos on youtube show it and some don't all ultra i think cyberpower shafted me on this having failed to solve it turn round and say it's not supported .
Jensigner [Avatar]
[Post New]
In the trial version of 10, I also see that Play DVD-Audio choice. In fact I can play DVD-Audio discs which are NOT MLP encoded (so PowerDVD 10 reads the AUDIO_TS folder and its contents) and shows all menus properly .. nice .. but of course won't do commercial DVD-A due to missing MLP.

I'd say that you should definitely have the right to a full refund based on the clearly implied support which is in fact not in the product you bought.
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
I asked them for a free upgrade via website to version 10 so wouldn't cost them zippo ,as i bought it from amazon nearly 10 months ago i can't see them offering a refund .They turned round and said because it's over 30 days that can't give me a free upgrade ,shame it took them months to try and sort it out ,why not say from day one when i contacted them it wouldn't play DVD-Audio not try to solve it i think they just gave up trying ,another person on here that was in contact with me said he's been able to play DVD-Audio from day one and sent me a screen shot showing the MLP option on the front red screen where mine is missing .They told me to ignore the manual that came with the software stating the that DVD-Audio was an option ,it's just like buying a ford expecting to get a 6 speed gearbox and it's not made with one ,i don't think ford would get away with it somehow.
Jensigner [Avatar]
[Post New]
If MLP Decoding IS an option, I'd like to know exactly how one gets that option.
To be clear, I have found that the trial version of PowerDVD 10 DOES play home made DVD-Audio discs (which are not MLP encoded) but won't play commercial DVD-Audio (which is MLP encoded).

Regarding the other poster showing MLP enabled ... maybe he previously had version 8 (which evidently supported MLP) and in their later version it shared that MLP decoding dll? just a guess.

Or perhaps versions targetted at different regions include the MLP option?
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2011 06:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm really starting to hate Cyberlink. I updated to v10 for my HTPC (from 8; skipped v9) to find that I can no longer play movies from harddisk (which is RETARDED, especially on an HTPC where I've ripped all of my DVDs for convenience). That wasn't the end of the world because WMP picks up the slack.

But now I'm being told that my DVD-A doesn't work.

Does anyone want to buy my license key from me? I'm done.