Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow Output to HD TV
Scott Stevens [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2010 11:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am a realtor and I have set up a slideshow w/music and voice track to run at my open houses. I have produced it in a number of formats...avi, mp2, mp4, mov and saved them onto a USB flash drive, but I cannot get the TV to recognize them through the USB slot. Any thoughts on how I can re-format the slideshow or what alternative media I can use in order to get it to work?

The TV I am using is a Philips 42" flat panel with USB & HDMI inputs.

....love the product, BTW (PD

Thanks for your help.

Scott
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Scott

Sometimes TVs are fussy which flash drives they work with, try another one.
So far as I know, and I am sure somebody will correct me here, TVs prefer the M2TS file format.

And lastly, I just had a look at a Phillips 42" spec, and it says "USB for fantastic photo and music playback" No word about video playing so you had better check.

I hope you find a solution

Regards

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2010 12:50

Scott Stevens [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2010 11:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Robert!

Yea, I found the user manual online for the TV and all it says it will play (either/or) mpeg photo files or music files. Same for my Mitsubishi big screen. Looks like they "don't play well with others"!

Guess I'll just have to drop back and try it out on my digital picture frame...10" picture frame just doesn't have the same impact as a 42" flat panel! Rats!

Thanks again for your help. See ya on the flip side!

Scott
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Have you thought of using a hdmi device like Western Digital's TV media player?

Bif (Bruce). Inexpensive Hardware HD Media Player
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4718.page

I use one - they're pretty good, importing video through the USB memory stick.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 11. 2010 15:09