Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2012 menu
JOHN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2010 23:33 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Vista 32-bit SP1 and I run my PC with Admin rights enabled. Will update though. I don't run with automated updates so I do it manually when it's needed, and perhaps it's needed. See, sometimes I do forget to do things like this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2010 16:44

JOHN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I've updated everything now, still the same error so I'm presently going to revert back to 7.3 and cancel my order of 9 Ultra. I'm just going to buy a stand-alone player for my home theatre system (and yes, I have a capable HDTV for it). This to me is just too much hassle and I still haven't heard a respond from CyberLink CS on this issue. Shame though, I really did like the UI of 9 over 7.3.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2010 21:21

Marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2010 12:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This is really weird and obnoxious.

I usually rip out the main movie from BDs and play them via Media Browser in Windows Media Center, but since 2012 has a lot of forced subtitles I decided to stop it and play in PDVD 7.3.

On my main HTPC I just got the endless loop, no menu to play anything.

On my desktop PC which serves as an auxiliary HTPC, I also have PDVD 7.3 and it showed the menus but there was no way to get them to activate... clicking, hitting keyboard buttons, etc.. Endless loop. This PC popped up a "you should update your PowerDVD software" note so I clicked on the link and updated, downloaded and installed:
CyberLink.5711_TaRe43_CLT_DVD090831-03.exe

After which I don't even get the non-functional menus, just the endless loop of video.

There's no way I would give Cyberlink more money... I paid them for 7.3 about what I I would have bought a hardware player box for, and that was just a couple months ago.... and I wouldn't buy a new box just because of some new disc... I would expect updates for at least 5 years or so.

Cyberlink needs to remember that their business model shouldn't depend on revenue from updates, it should be focused on enw sales based on recommendations by satisfied users.

Come on Cyberlink!

Marc

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2010 13:12

robbie1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2009 17:29 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I agree 100% and their silence on this issue is inexcusable.
JOHN [Avatar]
[Post New]
CyberLink CS has been in contact with me about this issue. The problem resides on the fact that I have 7.3 OEM bundled with my Alienware PC purchase and upgrades to 8 or 9 are not compatible with OEM bundles. So I did get a refund on the upgrade purchase and for me to be able to have a proper working PDVD 9 Ultra would be by buying the stand-alone version. So I think I'll be staying with my 7.3 version and hope that they have a firmware update for this. Besides, I've been meaning to purchase a stand-alone player for my home theatre system, which I did purchase yesterday from Future Shop (Panasonic BD-60). Got home, set it up and didn't even need any firmware updates! Was able to watch 2012 without any issues on it.
robbie1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, at least you now have a good settop player. I think most new releases will continue to play using your version 7 software. I have read on other forums where it is thought that it's a problem with the Sony disc itself.
JOHN [Avatar]
[Post New]
And that may be true. It would still be nice for CyberLink to have a hotfix for all versions of PDVD for issues like this.
MARK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2009 01:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i bought a stand alone version of power dvd9 and have it patched to version 2528 and still cant play 2012. cyberlink needs to get this problem fixed or start refunding money.
robbie1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Guys, I couldn't agree more. Competitor's products have had no trouble at all with this disc. I would open a ticket and ask for either a working patch or a refund. Even if they were to fix the problem today, I am so turned off by their response (or lack of one) that I never plan to buy another Cyberlink product.
[Post New]
I wonder if anyone has thought of a class action lawsuit?!!! Cyberlink Pisses me off. I have installed their software on several customers machines. Arcsoft, Intervideo, Roxio, and several others having working products. Cyberlink should be careful, especially in this economy.