Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2012 menu
[Post New]
Hi everyone,
i'm not sure it's here i should post that, but i'll hope for a anwser anyway.

Like alots of person today i bought 2012 bd, but the disk seem to be good until i reach the menu-zone. i see the screen playing, whitout the menu itself.
and what it is, why can't we use the mouse with this BD (warning at the begining of the play)

I really dont know what to do? Someone can help me ?

Tooks
powerDVD-9 ultra, with all lasted update until 2010 march 02
Stock [Avatar]
Member Location: UK Joined: Jul 08, 2006 11:43 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like time for a new patch, you need to contact customer support.
rngr633 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2010 09:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello-

I am having the same problem with my new 2012 BD. I'm running PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra, Build # 3228.50.

I'll be checking with customer support for an update.
robbie1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2009 17:29 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Same here. I understand neither PowerDVD 8 or 9 will handle the menu for this disc. They need to issue a patch. Other software such as Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro will play this Blu-Ray so it's a Cyberlink problem.
Many postings on the Any DVD HD forum over at Slysoft.com on this issue.
[Post New]
thanks, yesterday I taught I was crazy.

work on my htpc for 2hrs

tooks
robbie1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Someone just posted on another forum that the latest build of PowerDVD9
Ultra fixes the problem. No word on a patch or fix for previous builds and versions though.
KaptCrunch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2009 17:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
funny same issue here with 2012 movie and 9.0.2320 cyberlink software

plays all the preveiws but no menu icon's on menu screen.

also i don't use moovieLive software it a waste of resouces IMHO

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10103.page

doh i see 2523 patch

whats with cyberlink, the updater seems broken after first update, looks gotta to do manual updating

going to update and report back when done,

YES the update fixed menu

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 03. 2010 15:18

robbie1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just tried it again using PowerDVD 8 (OEM) and this time the menu appeared and the disc played so they may be pushing updates.
CHRISTOPHER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2010 18:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded from 7.3 to 9 ultra did first patch that power dvd said to do and still had same problem with 2012; picture was in a loop and no options to play. I did find the one patch v2528 and downloaded it, now the movie works. still comes up and says mouse isn't supported but keyboard works. cyberlink needs to put a link on there player saying that this patch is required instead of nothing...... Just wanted to let you all know that it does work
robbie1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Christopher. I just broke down and upgraded to Ultra 9. As you said, you have to apply the patch to version 2528. I'm just wondering what they plan to do about version 8 users.
JOHN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2010 23:33 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, so I've had PowerDVD BD Edition since I bought this PC back over a year ago. I was having the same problems with 2012 so I broke down and upgraded to the PowerDVD 9 Ultra. Patched up to build 9.0.2528.51 and I cannot get it to play at all now. After it tries to load I get an error saying I need to update it. I've even tried both Star Trek & Transformers Blu-rays and I'm getting the same error and it use to work before so I presume this error is going to occur with all Blu-rays. I've checked with a standard DVD and it plays with no problem (faster response time too compared to my older version of PowerDVD).

EDIT 1 I've even tried restarting my PC and I'm still getting the error. I'm going to uninstall and try a fresh install of PowerDVD 9 Ultra and then patch up and see if that works.

EDIT 2 Well, after much hassle and having to dig up my restore disc to re-install my initial 7.3 edition so that I could upgrade again, I'm still having the same error of not being able to play ANY Blu-ray disc. Sent a ticket to CS and hope to get a reply soon.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 04. 2010 02:55

robbie1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
John,
There is definitely something wrong here besides PowerDVD. PowerDVD 9 Ultra build 2528 should play any Blu-Ray out there. I have all 3 of those Blu-Rays and they play fine. It wasn't clear from your post, but have you ever been able to play any Blu-Ray discs? Download and run the BD Advisor from Cyberlinks site. Everything should be green if your PC is capable of Blu-Ray playback.
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 12:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm haven the same issues of course although I'm only running PD DVD 7 hehe. I'm not going to update though until I know for certain that this problem has been fixed.

I came across a weird problem though at one time, I downloaded the update but it was an un-recognized file. Kinda weird... Type .exe at the end and bamo go nuts.

Everyone has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another Beer!!
KaptCrunch [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, so I've had PowerDVD BD Edition since I bought this PC back over a year ago. I was having the same problems with 2012 so I broke down and upgraded to the PowerDVD 9 Ultra. Patched up to build 9.0.2528.51 and I cannot get it to play at all now. After it tries to load I get an error saying I need to update it. I've even tried both Star Trek & Transformers Blu-rays and I'm getting the same error and it use to work before so I presume this error is going to occur with all Blu-rays. I've checked with a standard DVD and it plays with no problem (faster response time too compared to my older version of PowerDVD).

EDIT 1 I've even tried restarting my PC and I'm still getting the error. I'm going to uninstall and try a fresh install of PowerDVD 9 Ultra and then patch up and see if that works.

EDIT 2 Well, after much hassle and having to dig up my restore disc to re-install my initial 7.3 edition so that I could upgrade again, I'm still having the same error of not being able to play ANY Blu-ray disc. Sent a ticket to CS and hope to get a reply soon.

Sounds to that your optical drive don't support blu-ray play back only dvd.

if is a BD player check firmware update and follow instructions

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2010 15:01

JOHN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Sounds to that your optical drive don't support blu-ray play back only dvd.

Read again. Before upgrading to 9 Ultra, I had no problem playing all other Blu-rays that I own. I will check my firmware for my PLDS BD-RE DH-4B1S. Man, I so hate hunting for drivers... Not enough time atm to check, have to run to work!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2010 16:23

KaptCrunch [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Sounds to that your optical drive don't support blu-ray play back only dvd.

Read again. Before upgrading to 9 Ultra, I had no problem playing all other Blu-rays that I own. I will check my firmware for my PLDS BD-RE DH-4B1S. Man, I so hate hunting for drivers... Not enough time atm to check, have to run to work!

i get a link----> dell BD with the numbers you gave also can be a lite-on or phillips optical drive.

best make sure and open case to verifi who's drive it is and model , it will also show version. if this computer is a dell best go their site and get drivers from your machine service Number and match up the brand of OCD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2010 18:41

JOHN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, if it's any consolation, it's a Philips (and this PC is an Alienware... lol). I double checked and found the correct driver (release date 8/20/2009, build 7D16, A04) and I already have that driver. Oh, and that driver is from the Dell website itself (ty btw for suggesting that, I wasn't thinking clearly as I was in a rush to get to work at the time). So I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. I've also ran the BD Advisor as another person had suggested (even though I played Blu-ray before, but yeah, better safe than sorry just in case the PowerDVD messed something up) and that was all green too. I'm thinking of just reverting back to the 7.3 (but I so like the UI of 9.0) and seeing if the newest version of Slysoft's AnyDVD will assist me with the 2012 issue. IF all else fails, I'll break down and buy a BD player for my HDTV (I've been meaning to anyway). I'll give support a few days before I do that though and see if they can come up with a solution as to why 9.0 is making it so that I can no longer play any Blu-ray on my PC.
robbie1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
John,
I was running AnyDVD HD latest version on my PCs, so simply adding or updating it will probably not solve the 2012 problem. I also doubt if it is a firmware issue, because all my drives had the latest firmware and other players (such as Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro) will play this movie. I'm just kind of puzzled why Cyberlink hasn't issued an update to patch the older versions of PowerDVD, especially version 8.
KaptCrunch [Avatar]
[Post New]

the current patch 9.0.2528.51 worked for me on the 2010 no menu issue and along with OCD firmware update.

under what OS are you updating.....set admin rights on vista to run updater
JOHN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Vista 32-bit SP1 and I run my PC with Admin rights enabled. Will update though. I don't run with automated updates so I do it manually when it's needed, and perhaps it's needed. See, sometimes I do forget to do things like this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2010 16:44