Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have reproduced the problem using PDR10 sample video and menu:

create project file Test 4 sec.pds with first 4 seconds of the sample file Nature.mpg
create project file Test 5 sec.pds with first 5 seconds of the sample file Nature.mpg
create project file Test 10 sec.pds with first 10 seconds of the sample file Nature.mpg
open new project.
enter Create Disc, default menu is Template 1.
import content project files Test 4 sec.pds, Test 5 sec.pds and Test 10 sec.pds, in that order (decline Use Menu Data).
Click on Preview - when intro video finishes, click Play disc menu item.
Test 4 sec.pds plays to end.
Test 5 sec.pds plays 4 seconds then skips to next.
Test 10 sec.pds plays 4 seconds then returns to disc menu.

I did not check that the Preview controls malfunctioned, but the play time behaviour is identical to that encountered with my media files and menus.

This problem also effects continuous play after selecting a scene. Click Preview for the disc menu project. Click Scenes then click the second title item. The 5 second video plays to the end. The 10 second video plays but returns to the disc menu after playing the first 5 seconds.
Created a project to create a 2D disc. Imported other PDR projects (with and without menus). Clicked Preview. Clicked Play. Preview plays 10 (ten) seconds of each imported project, then starts the next imported project. Pause works. Click on Preview time-line (to change the play position) causes position bar to flicker and revert to the original position. Click on Next Chapter has no effect. I burned the disc to a folder and played it with PDVD9, and it played as it should (pause/play, next/previous chapter, change position, all Okay).

Clicked on Scenes in the video menu, clicked on a project having a menu, clicked on first chapter. Project plays okay and the Preview controls work as expected.

Created a test project and imported only the first two of my projects. The first did not have a menu, the second did. Click Preview, click Play. First project plays okay (ten second introduction), second project aborted after 10 seconds and returned to the main menu.

System Information:
O/S: Windows 7
PDR: PowerDirector 10 Ultra 10.0.0.1129b; SR Number VDE111026-03
Antivirus: Avast
Codecs: Win7codecs, Shark007; ffdshow, tryouts rev 3350 Apr 8 2010
Currently (PDR9 2702) provides the Reset Alias option only for single selected media items in the media library and the timeline. This seems unnecessarily restrictive as a multiple media item selection would just define the set of items for which the Reset Alias operation would be performed separately. I can understand why the Change Alias operation might not be eligible, as timeline items may refer to different media items which should have different aliases (but does that really matter, and is that enforced singly?).

Here is a situation where I would make use of this capability.

I create a raw clips project for a captured video camera file. I extract the audio. I apply Multi-Trim to the whole track to detect the scenes and split the track where there are actual scene changes. I save the raw clips project. I then perform audio processing on the extracted audio to get a cleaned up file. (Noise reduction, normalize, compression, as needed - applied to contiguous scenes with the same audio environment.)

I create a produce clean audio project for the same captured video camera file. I apply Unlink Objects to the captured audio/video and delete the audio track. I import and add to the timeline the cleaned up audio file, then produce a clean audio (with video) file.

I then rename (or relocate) the original captured file and open the raw clips project. Since PDR9 can't find the file, it prompts me to Browse, Ignore or Ignore All. I Browse and select the clean audio (with video) file, which of course has a different name. Since the time lengths of the two files are identical, all the previously specified clip splits still apply. I use Reset Alias in the media library on the clean audio file and PDR9 correctly resets the alias for the name of the current file. I do the same on each clip (separately for the video and audio portions) on the timeline and PDR9 correctly resets the alias for the name of the current file.

Now I save the project as the produce clean project. Then I set about cleaning up the video, on a scene (clip) basis with the clips already defined, and the audio cleaned up.

However I have to apply Reset Alias twice for every defined clip. Not bad for a few clips. Bad for tens of clips.

What do you think? Ever run into this kind of situation? There have been other circumstances where I've changed the name of a file and would like to change all corresponding aliases. Depended on how many times I would have had to do it.
I've installed patch 2702, and verified that [END] moves the cursor to the end of an effect clip - on the Timeline, the Preview and the Keyframe Settings scrubbers. My thanks to all concerned.
Start new project. Insert a video effect (ex. Zoom Out) into the effect track. Click on the effect clip (editing mode is Clip). Press [END] keyboard navigation key. The Timeline cursor is moved to the frame prior to the end of the clip. This is new in PDR9 and is different from the [END] behaviour in all other clip types (at least the ones I've encountered).

I use this navigation aid to set the cursor for splitting another track. If I use any other track, the Timeline cursor moves to the end of the clip. If I use the effect track and I forget to advance one frame, the other track is split one frame early.

This is so easy to reproduce I haven't bothered to include any screen captures nor DirectX dump. Let me know if you need them.

I just now took a look at the Preview window. In Clip or Movie mode, [HOME] moves the Preview cursor to the left end of the scroll bar and [END] moves the Preview cursor to the right end - including all track types in Clip mode. For the effect track in Clip mode after hitting [END], the Timeline cursor is one frame prior to the end of the clip. If you advance one frame to the end, the Preview cursor is moved past the right end of the scroll bar and moves outside the Preview window.
On playback (preview) of a project, with an audio clip having the audio speed power tool applied, blips (breaks) in the audio are noticeable and significant at boundaries between clips.

Master track has video clips with pairs of stills between clips. Film Clip I transition spans the stills. Audio track has one clip with audio speed power tool applied (1.03X). On edit preview in PDR9, audio most often has a "blip" at the boundaries of clips and stills in the master track. Within a clip it seems to be OK. Same result occurred in create disc preview. Burned the project to folder. Played the folder movie with PowerDVD 9. Similar results.

PowerDirector 9: 9.0.0.2330
PowerDVD 9: 9.0.2227.0
Go to: