Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I found that out as a result of using large amounts of video from a few sources. One big file referenced really made problems whereas cutting up and producing it in several spots worked like a charm.
On that, I can't help as I only used fade transitions and not special effects... unless that's what you were looking for?
Ahhh HA! I figured it out! For anyone trying to do the same, follow Robert's instruction in a previous reply, but you have to do something first! Lock all of the other tracks so they won't move, THEN drop the color board into the master track and stretch it to the desired length.

Thanks again for planting the seed, Robert!

Max
Thanks for that reply Robert, but I have a complication. I've already made the video and I'm doing this after-the-fact. The video looks awesome on a computer screen (which shows the black background as black), but I also need to project it against a wall where the black background will just be a void area. I wanted to add the background in order to frame the show itself, so I decided for the projection, that I'd add color.

When I tried adding it in the background of an existing presentation's master video track, it pushes all of the other tracks down the timescale so they don't start until the color board's time ends.

Any suggestions on how to avoid that? Thanks again for the reply. Now I'm looking to cover up the mess I already made! Ha ha ha.

Max
I have this feeling that this is a REALLY basic question, but I can't figure out how to have a constant background color throughout the production. The current background is black.

I thought I could just put in a color board (with a duration that lasts throughout the complete show production); however, the color board sits 'in front of' the pictures that show up on the screen so the pictures aren't visible (the title track information shows 'in front of' the color board and you can read those). I thought I'd just be able to 'move to the back" the color board (just like you would an image or clipart in Microsoft Word), but I don't see a place to do that. Another thought was that there was a place that you could just change the background color, but I can't seem to find that.

The production is basically a sound track that has pictures that fade in and out with a text that pops in and out. There is a mpeg clip that pops in at one point.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks!
Go to: