Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the quick response. I am a little unclear on the capture function. I am able to stream the video & audio via a usb connection from the camera to my computer. Do I also need an additional piece of hardware? I was hopeful that I could simply save the streamed audio & video to storage for later work. Is that possible? Do I need to use PD8 in the process of transfer & storage?
I appreciate your help!
Good Morning All
This is my first post and I must confess that I am entirely new to video transfer and editing so excuse my ignorance in advance!
I just purchased PD8 for use in preparing a video history for my family. I have a collection of: Super 8 film, Sony HandyCam videos & Converted VHS tapes from HandyCam videos.
Here is my immediate project for which I would like some direction. I have nearly 30 hours of video tapes from the Sony that I would like to get copied in raw form to some form of electronic media while I have a borrowed camera (mine is broken). Not sure the best avenue to take on this project. I assume that much video will take a lot of hard disk space?? Is there a way to save raw footage to some form of external storage device i.e. thumb drive or external hard drive? My concept would be to bring over files a few at a time to actually do editing but not fillup my hard drive with all files. In effect I would have a big garage & then could roll in one car at a time to work on.
Also I would appreciate any advice as to the preferred file type to save these files? :l
Thanks for the help!
Go to: