Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm still waiting for my Cyberlink "Beta Tester" check in the mail. It'd probably be for about $10,000 given the hours I've put in messing with or otherwise thinking about my lack of functioning Cyberlink PowerDVD Products in the last 4 months.

Power DVD9 stopped working on my end a few months back. Now the PowerDVD10 free, 30 day version I downloaded doesn't work either.

Get some more help please?
Quote: Sorry - use ONE VGA? I have TWO monitors. I have the same problem. PowerDVD 9 *used* to work fine - but after three months of zero help from your 'technical support' I gave up and tried powerDVD 10 - and guess what same problem.

I have sent all dxdiag and msinfo you keep requesting - clearly as an attempt to 'put me off' from your Indian support centre...

But crikey guys you claim 'the best BluRay' experience - where???

Yes I've tried everything - including one monitor - but no, it still complains needs update (I have v10 Ultra 3d afaik)...

Dude, totally the same thing with mine. Had PowerDVD 9, worked fine quit a few months back doing the same BS update crap. Now I'm doing the PowerDVD 10 trial to see if I can make that work. So far, no joy.

I don't have it set up in SLI currently. I double-checked that it was not in SLI, then restarted and then tried to play a disc in Power DVD10, but still no luck. Any other ideas, maybe?
I spoke too soon, Mike. Its back to the same problem -- player starts, loads to 99%, then asks for update, I click yes, it says player updated, I hit play, it loops back again loading to 99%, then asks for update.

Here's the DXDiag Round 2 for my system:
OK that worked! Thanks, Mike.
OK, DXDIAG file for my system is attached.

And hope you guys can figure something out with this as soon as possible. Thanks, Chris
Can I get a little help on this please!? Chris
-PowerDVD full Version
PowerDVD 10 Trial

-PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top)-
DVD 100209-06

-Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version)
Win XP Pro 32 Bit (Service Pack 3)

-Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?
Its the trial version of PowerDVD 10

Used VGA
-9800 GTX+ (x2)

Used VGA driver version

Used Audio device
X-Fi audio card that comes with the Asus Rampage II Extreme Board

Used Audio device driver version
from disc included with X-Fi audio card that came with RII Board

-Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI)
HDMI for one monitor, DVI for another, VGA for the third

-Are you using singel or dual monitor environment
three monitors

-Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
Dualview, each configured independently from each other

-What kind of Antivirus SW are you using
Norton 360 Premier Edition

-The detailed issue description
I described the issue in detail at: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/10609/ENU.page#47197

I am using the Power DVD 10 trial and thinking about buying a copy of the Ultra version. But it's not working for me

I load a Blu-Ray in to the drive, and hit play. I see the percentage climb while "Loading Blu Ray Disc." When it hits "93%" loading apparently stops and a message -- "You must update PowerDVD now to continue the playback of this content" -- displays.

I hit yes in the little information message (what is there already a patch for frigging PowerDVD 10?). I then get another message, "Player application update Update complete"

I think, "great, ok let's watch a blu-ray movie."

I hit play again thinking I am ready to go and -- boom -- same thing: loads to 93%, then same message, "you must update PowerDVD...", then "...Update complete," then same loop -- 93% blah, blah blah, blah blah.

After 5 times doing this, I stop.

What am I doing wrong here guys?
Go to: