Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am very happy with upgraded PowerDVD 9, v 2528. Fixes included corrected audio routing for Realtek audio device, and re-establishing broken title/root "select menu" item (hate it when upgrades break stuff working in previous versions!!!)

I'm disappointed, however, that I can't get tear-free video on a 5 year-old Sony LCD. At 720P, no problems, but switching to 1080i, it looks like the data throughput overwhelms the Sony's decoder. The same HP laptop can play a newer Samsung HDMI capable monitor.

Curiously PwrDVD 7 does not tear the Sony like 9 does. My question is why consecutive upgrades don't accommodate older equipment better? Could there be or is there a way to throttle down the HDMI data rate sent from PowerDVD 9 so the Sony doesn't tear at full resolution? FYI, I've tried turning off True Theater settings, using hardware acceleration, different de-interlacing, TV settings... all to no avail.
I just purchased PowerDVD 9 Ultra, but have problems with tearing through HDMI at 1080i. I didn't have this problem running my trial of 7, and want use version 7 instead. Can I uninstall 9, reinstall 7 and use the key I got with 7 to activate it?

Is it possible to co-install both versions on the same Vista Ultimate PC?

HP 9500 duocore 2.7meg, nVidia 8600.
Go to: