Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Guys,

Thanks much for the feedback.

Tony, to first answer your question, I did try every capture setting allowed; e.g. DV capture with AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, without any success.

Robert, thanks for the tip about the Canon capture utility. A month or two ago I had to wipe my PC clean due to virus damage and didn't bother re-installing that software but I will now and give it a try. I also plan to see if Windows Movie Maker has a basic capture utility.

One, hopefully final, question about this issue. Can using a separate capture app possibly cause a loss in quality / resoultion ? Do capture apps simply transfer the raw digitial data or do they also impose some type of encoding ? Is the AVI format the highest resolution raw type format ? (I understand little when it comes to video formats, codecs, etc.)

Thanks again,
Hi Jaime, Shadowman,

Thanks much for your replies. I've tried many different variables (including clicking the "Stop" first) and nothing has worked so far.
Shadowman, can you suggest a different way to get the raw DV footage off the miniDV cassette and onto my HD ? Capture is the only way I'm familiar with. Is it as simple as drag-n-drop ?

Also, are there other applications on my PC that could be the source of a conflict, e.g. Windows Movie Maker, or Nero ? I currently have both.

Recently I purchased a nice HD LCD monitor and have been running in 16:9 1920 x 1080 res. Would this create a hardware conflict with a 4:3 std DV video clip that I'm trying to capture ?

When PD8 locks up, I've checked Task Mgr and there's lots of Ram and PageFile still available, so it wouldn't appear to be a memory problem.
I'm running out of ideas, thanks for any guidance!
Well, my introduction to Cyberlink and PD8 has gotten off to a very disappointing start. After a few Tech Support emails I've just been told that my Canon Elura DV camcorder is not compatible. But, with all the other Canon models I see in the forum, I'm finding this hard to believe.
Here's some pertinent info: (1) The free trial version of PD I tried back last fall did not have these issues. (2) I also read in the forum that video driver could be an issue so last night I downloaded ATI Radeon catalyst center with upgraded drivers. No joy. (3) When I connect my DV camcorder to the Firewire cable and turn it on, my PC and PD8 recognize the Canon DV and the "Initializing Device" puts my camcorder into "Pause" and the first frame shows up in the Capture window. So there's clearly communication happening. But whenever I click on any button (e.g. "Play", "Rec", "Go To Counter", "Manual Batch Capture", etc. then PD8 locks up and I have to kill the app with Task Mgr.
Are there other drivers to be concerned about ? Does anyone else have a standard Canon DV ? I'd very much appreciate any help anyone can offer. I really like what I see with PD8 and I'm dreading trying to get a refund. Sorry for the long post. :cry:
Go to: