Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Firewall: COMODO (No Defense+!)
AV: Avira
"enhancers": CCleaner

I have Comodo and Avira, and the patch (in admin) has successfully resolved the issue (see above). Not sure that Comodo is the only suspect here.
BTW, Peti, I think Cyberlink-Michael was meaning : Uninstall Comodo, re-install PowerDVD (plus patches) and the issue could have gone forever. So you need to do it only one time. Worth to make a try, perhaps.
Great news.

Patch downloaded, launched as administrator, a BR inserted, the region popup WITH 5 TRIES LEFT :, BR loading ... And it works. At last !!

Thanks Cyberlink for the patch, and sorry for all the doubts I've mentioned above, but it was pretty long to release and it's no confort to see a so big company having so much difficulties to release a patch.

Hope it will work for everyone, and enjoy your BR again
Quote:
The reported issue is caused by BitDefender AV solution and not a real PowerDVD issue

So let me report that the full issue is more than only restricted to that case.
I don't use Bit Defender. My AV is Antivir, by the way.
To be sure, I've just made an another try (I've probably yet tried it, but we must be sure, here). I've desactivated Antivir, quit my Firewall (Comodo) and launch a BR (Up from Pixar) => Zone select screen (this is the first time, bla, bla), remaining number of change = zero, OK, the same screen appear a second time, OK, loading bar and error 800401F9 (internal error, contact support).

Hope this case will help, but I don't think the solution is to be searched in the AV side
Cyberlink don't seem to be very concerned. In Google, we can find a lot of people with this problem since weeks and still no solution. Musn't be so difficult to investigate if so many people got it, or perhaps the problem is linked with a bad protection that can't (don't want to) be removed ?
Nobody answered my request on the support.
No official communication on this issue.

It seems that WinDVD has less problems that PowerDVD. Better get a good picture quality than an awesome quality that can't be displayed
Go to: