Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
O.k., Dafydd, I have to accept, because I'm just learing, what's available after all.

I was hoping to get it all ;

Thanks for the help !

Regards
GW.G
Thank you, Dafydd. This really solves one issue with linking the subtitles !

However...., this method has one major disadvantage compared to the method that I have been using (i.e. clicking a clip and drop it elsewhere).
I want to rearrange clips exactly, to avoid '2-picture-leftover-clips', which will cause problems later on - as I already experienced...

So how to place the yellow 'split cursor' around the clip exactly, and - nevertheless - quickly ?

( No problem to get the left slider to the beginning of the clip, but the right slider then has to be placed by seeking the cut 'picture-by-picture', as it will not follow the blue cursor during 'jump'-operations, by using the 'search and jump' arrows from the menu... )

Regards
GW.G

P.S. I suppose, you will have expected that PD beginners find quick ways to new issues .... ;
Anyway - my first impression is, that this forum is really working and helpful !

Tony, you're surely right, it would be best, to have things sorted properly at first.
But for the lots of materials I have, I was looking for a simple method for identifying clips.
The issue seems to be a real one, as things do work fine in some situations (subtitles are being shifted with the clip), but in some situations they do not. See example enclosed !

Regards
GW.G
Thanks !
However, that video describes the routine of generating subtitles only - which is evidently similar to the processes in PD8.
The submitted issue becomes relevant, when you cange the order of clips after that. The subtitles will not follow these changes !

(I'm trying to use subtitles as markers, and identifiers, within the structure of my video-project - which comprises a summary of 25 years of family videos and digitized Super 8 films...)

Further hints would be welcome!

Regards
GW.G
Subtitles will stay at their position, even if you edit the timeline, e.g. by rearranging clips. So they become meaningless and confusing, as they don't appear at the correct position, where they were meant to be.
How to fix subtitles to their respective positions in the clips ?
Go to: