Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well, new user Jan 1, 2010. I'm on Win7 x64 (12gigs of ram, so no way I'm going to the 32 bit version), ATI 5870, LG Blu-ray read writer. I purchased the full version of Power DVD 9 Ultra because the freeware with the drive would not install.

It runs, but like you all, I get a total screen freeze (all screens, I run 3) for about 10 seconds or so on startup, and another one on shutdown of the product. Movies play fine for the most part. Occasionally on True HD tracks the center speaker is missing, but if I switch to another track and switch back it's fine.

What I notice is playback is fine, but it seems to be an issue of screen freeze when it's changing screen modes (going to full screen, going to cinema mode, etc.)

Using latest ATI Catalyst 9.12 hotfix drivers.

It also seems to freeze when starting up in the Media Center mode.

It's not life ending (it works), but it's very disruptive to an OS experience that is, otherwise, pretty seamless and fast.
Go to: