Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It finally seems to be working.

I un-installed both my non-working version of PD8 & quicktime from my computer, then re-installed PD8. Halfway through my installation of PD8 the quicktime installation seemed to interup it. Then I realized it was supposed to happen that way. Anyways, I shut the unit off 3-4 times and started up the software each time.

Thanks for the advice.
It finally seems to be working.

I un-installed both my non-working version of PD8 & quicktime from my computer, then re-installed PD8. Halfway through my installation of PD8 the quicktime installation seemed to interup it. Then I realized it was supposed to happen that way. Anyways, I shut the unit off 3-4 times and started up the software each time.

Thanks for the advice.
Cl sent me the latest version yesterday.
I have been trying to install PD8 on my new laptop with windows 7. I am having no success. I took my PC into work and had the IT guru look at it. He was able to extract some sort of error message and told me to consult this forum for help. Does anyone recognize whats going on. If so what should I do?

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 07/01/2010 3:00:13 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Sokalski-VAIO
Description:
Faulting application name: PDR8.exe, version: 8.0.0.2220, time stamp: 0x4add6b2d
Faulting module name: QuickTime.qts_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4afa620b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x6e8ebe79
Faulting process id: 0xd54
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca8fed1898c6bd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR8.exe
Faulting module path: QuickTime.qts
Report Id: 69654200-fbe0-11de-9dce-002643aa0e4f
Day four - still unable to install the software. I am estimating that I have spent at least 10 hours installing / uninstalling the software. I am hoping that it is worth the effort.

CL solution # 1 - does not work solution makes reference to Windows XP when my installation question clearly indicated windows 7. Tried anyways, many of the files they suggest I remove were not present.

CL solution # 2 - gave me instructions to download new files from their secret website. Only problem user name & passwork expired expired December 13th. Appears they sent me previously used solution without first reading it. The instructions seems rather tedious and for someone with more computer experience than me. Again many of the files they suggested I remove were not present. Worst of all the passwords were expired.

Still waiting for solution number 3.

CL’s most recent response. There has to be an easier way. I am just an average Joe trying to install software. I’ve spent a greater part of today trying to install their software. Note the expiration date on their response. If you have any ideas let me know.

Thank you for writing back.

I understand your concern related with the crashing of the PowerDirector 8 software.

To resolve your issue and as being a valuable customer of CyberLink we will provide you the download link for the latest (build - 2220c) of the full version of PowerDirector 8.0 software.

I suggest you to download the full version of the PowerDirector 8.0 from the below link and make a fresh installation from the new downloaded setup file.

Before installing PowerDirector 8.0 from this new download file uninstall and remove all previous versions of the PowerDirector if already exists on your computer.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to remove the entries of previous PowerDirector software from your computer:

Note: Please make sure that you have logged in as an "Administrator".

1. Install “Microsoft cleanup tool” and clean PowerDirector installation information:

For that follow the steps:

Install Microsoft cleanup tool and execute from "Start\all programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if PowerDirector is on product list, If you can see PowerDirector in product list. Select PowerDirector and click "Remove" button to clean up PowerDirector.

Please download the “Microsoft cleanup tool “ using the link below:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

2. Now remove PowerDirector folder and clean up PowerDirector Registry.

For that follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Remove "C:\Program Files(x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector".

2. Remove "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}" folder.

3. Go to Start --> Run then type "regedit".

(1) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CyberLink\PowerDirector".

(2) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}"

(3) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}"

(4) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}"

Please follow the link below to download the full version of the PowerDirector 8.0:

PowerDirector 8.0 (build: 2220c) (Size: 239 MB)

http://isales.gocyberlink.com/download/CS_Dept/PowerDirector/PDR8_Program_2220c_VDE090831-02.exe

PowerDirector 8.0 Content Pack (Size: 449 MB)

http://isales.gocyberlink.com/download/CS_Dept/PowerDirector/PDR8_Content_1931_VDE090609-01.exe

NOTE: Right click on the above mentioned link and select "Open in New Window" or "Save Target As". After that enter user name and password given below:

User Name: ****
Password : *****

Password valid duration is 2009/12/07 ~ 2009/12/13 23:59 Hrs PST. We suggest you to download the software before 2009/12/13 23:59 Hrs PST.

CD Key: ***********************************

Important Instructions:

a) User name and password are case sensitive and must be typed exactly as it is. There must be "NO SPACE" before or after user name and password.

b) When you get a prompt for Open/Save the file. Please choose to save the file on your computer hard drive and then run the file to install software.

Note:

- Kindly do not run any internet applications while downloading the installation file.

- Disable any spyware software installed on your computer and set the "Privacy" settings to low by going to Tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy tab after launching Internet Explorer.

Now, make a fresh installation of the full version of the PowerDirector 8.0 software on your computer.

Resart your computer for the changes to take effect.

I received a link and password to download a new version of the software from CL. I received a user name and password. After reading the information and trying countless times to enter the site, I realized that the user name and passwork expired 3 weeks before I sent in my request for assistance.

Their first solution seemed to suggest I was using XP when I clearly stated I was not.

Has anyone else had any difficulty with CL's customer service or support?
I just got a new Sony Vaio lap top for Christmas. It runs Windows 7. I installed PD8 and cannot get the software to run. I keep getting a message from my Windows software basically stating " Powerdirector has stopped running. Windows will close the software and try to solve problem". I contacted Cyberlinks customer support. They gave me a variety of solutions none of which worked. They included the following;

In regard to your issue I suggest you to double click on the PowerDirector icon from desktop. If software won't launch, press (ctrl+alt+del) keys together to enter the Task Manager. Go to processes tab and look for "PDR.exe" and "Richvideo.exe" and click on End Task button.

If issue persists then we suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

Note: Please make sure that you are logged-in as an administrator.

1) Rename "OLRSubmission" folder to UNOLRSubmission under C:\programs files\CyberLink\PowerDirector

2) Also delete the file "EvoParser.dll" under C :\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector.

Restart the computer and then try to launch software.

If problem persists then please follow the steps given below:

(1) Please reset your display settings, screen area to 1024 x 768, color depth to 16 bit and monitor refresh rate to 60 HZ.

(2) Please update your VGA card and Sound card driver. You may contact your VGA card manufacturer or the computer manufacturer to get the latest drivers.

(3) Please uninstall Anti Spy ware program. Close other utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch PowerDirector software.

(4) Also if you have installed service pack 2 for XP on your system then please disable its pop-up blocker service.

Restart the computer and then try to launch software.

Does anyone have any ideas that will work
Go to: