Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
That's a great video. Well done!
Okay, some people will think I'm crazy. Despite the two issues I'm having I went ahead and purchased the Ultra version.

The issues do not prevent me from using PD and everything else seems to work fine. They are just a bit of a nuisance is all. I have to use a "roundabout" way of changing channels.

I have been trading problem tickets with tech support but, judging by their responses, I'm not sure they are reading the tickets too closely. They keep telling me they understand my concern with no audio issues with files captured in PD. I'm not having, nor have I ever had, any audio issues in PD - nor have I ever even mentioned such a thing in any of my tickets. Go figure.
howdy all,

I'm new to the forums and have been browsing/searching but have not found anyone with these issues. If I've overlooked it, please don't beat me too badly. I've already submitted a ticket to tech support and have been waiting on a reply.

I'm trying out a recently downloaded trial version of PD v8 (8.00.2220). I'm having a couple of issues I'd like some input on.

Issue #1:
1) Open PD.
2) Click on "Capture" tab.
3) Capture card detected, intitialized with no problem but "Capture Source" is set to "Video Composite".
4) Click "Settings" and change source to "Video Tuner", click "OK". Presto. Channel is displayed.
5) Capture some video (or not, doesn't matter), then click "Edit" (or any other) tab.
6) Switch back to "Capture" tab. "Capture Source" is once again on "Video Composite".

PD will not retain my "Capture Source" setting, even within the same session.

Issue #2:
While on the "Capture" tab, clicking the UP and DOWN channel arrows does nothing except change the channel *number*. The displayed channel remains the same. To change channels I have to set the number to the channel I want, click on another tab (e.g. "Edit"), click back on the "Capture" tab and reset my "Capture Source". Sometimes I have to exit PD entirely, and restart, to change channels.

My system is as follows. All drivers are current:

TV Capture: Dvico FusionHDTV 5 Gold RT
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE (3.2 GHz)
Memory: 4GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
Video: nVidia 9800 GT w/512 MB DDR3 on board.
Audio: Realtek HD Audio

A couple years ago, I ran PD v6 (different computer) with this same capture card. I think PD is a great product. Long story short, I went away from Windows for awhile and could no longer use PD. Now I'm back and was looking to purchase version 8 but now I'm wondering. They aren't "show stopper" issues. I've edited, produced, and even created a DVD with menus. Everything else seems to work fine.

Any input on how to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated. I've attached my DxDiag file.

Regards,
Darren
Go to: