Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well here is the information I think you wanted. I'm putting some old movies I have on VHSC tapes on DVDs for the kids. Capturing them in uncompressed avi format. I installed a program sometime ago called AVI2DVD to do it with. then I bought Power Director 6 and was able to do a few but had lots of problems with crashing and unable to produce a video file or burn to DVD so when version 7 came out I upgraded to that thinking most of the bugs would be gone and I like the new features it has. But my problems continued I could edit the video but it still continued to crash and it did not seam to make any difference what I did it would crash when ever it wanted I could not pin down the problem to any one thing I would do. By chance I decided to look at the Event viewer in windows XP after a series of crashes. That's when I found out that AviSplitter.ax was always the cause. I have a program that tells me what program that AviSplitter was using called CCCP-Insurgent. I found out that it was a filter with AVI2DVD so after uninstalling that program I have had no problem with editing and burning video file using Power Director 7. I was amazed when my first burn of a almost 4 gig DVD completed also with out crashing. So like I said if this can help any one else who is having problems with, Burning a DVD disk, file or editing avi files That will be great.

Thanks
Dave
Well after about three or four months of nothing but crashes and burns using power director 7 ultra I think I have solved my problem. I hope this can help others.
The cause as far as I can tell now was a file called AviSplitter.ax that was installed in a program on my pc called avi2dvd it was in a filter folder from that program. I have removed the program along with it went the file AviSplitter.ax. I have been doing every think I can think off that used to cause PD7 to crash for the last 4 hours or so and it has not crashed once. So if this helps any one else that is having problems with crashes in pd look for this file and remove it and it may save you a lot of head aches down the road. Happy editing.
Dave
All,
AVISPLITTER.AX FAILURE EVERY TIME PD 7 ULTRA CRASHES
I have had many crashes with PD7 ultra to the point the program is just about unusable trying to edit a avi movie. I crashes during playback, making edits to pip, making edits to video track, and just moving the slide bar or clicking on the clip then back to movie.
In windows Event Viewer pdexe error caused by avisplitter.ax. this problem has become much worse since I installed the free power to go from Cyberlink. Has anyone else had this problem. I'm thinking that this has contributed to the problem.
Thanks for any help or advice.
Dave.
Just wondering if you can install the new trial v7.1829 over the v7 retail version with all the problems? Or should I uninstall then Install the trial then activate the trail version?
Thanks.
I have windows xp pro when I edit the settings for video in the program for some reason the sound on the line in reverts to mute every time. I have to open the volume settings and uncheck the mute again. also the video sometimes turns to black and white, if I change channels on the TV it will come back to color. Is this a bug of some kind? Has anyone else had these problems? I have look through the forum for answer but no luck.
Thanks
Go to: