Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tech support was nice enough to let me download a copy of pdvd 8 ultra. This will not run at all. Sometimes it runs for about 2 seconds then crashes. I have tried disabling the logmein driver with no luck. I have no files in quarantine. I uninstalled Avira and installed AVG. After first installation, I discovered that the resolution must be set for 1024x768 which allowed me to enter the key but then after installing the latest patch, it will not run at all. My 50" Panasonic Plasma is best at 1280x720 which worked fine with PDVD in the past.
Some additional information:
PowerDVD version 7.3 ultra
SR Number: DVD090826-05
DVD version: 7.3.5711.0
Version type OEM/retail (was bundled but now full version from tech support)
OS Windows Vista 64 bit
VGA ATI Radeon 4680 512MB
Driver version: 8.661
Audio device M-Audio Delta 410 driver ver 5.10
Display connection DVI
Single monitor but logmein.com mirror driver
Antivirus software Avira Antivir
AMD Phenom Quad core, 6GB RAM

No error at all just will not play. When I click the Play arrow, the scrolling version info stops briefly then continues but disk never starts to play.

Your BD advisor now shows the ATI card as incompatible but it has been working fine for almost a year until the recent problem.

Is there a specific antivirus program you have seen problems with?

Thanks.
I have been unable to play Blu-Ray discs since the PDVD 7.3 program prompted me to download and install an update 3 weeks ago. I started a support ticket and have now spent hours uninstalling and re-installing the software several times as directed by tech support and still get the exact same result. When I click on the play button with a BD selected, nothing happens. No error message, no change. Regular DVDs play fine.

Is the tech support department just guessing and having me waste my time or do they know what caused this latest bug? A downloaded trial of Arcsoft Total media theater plays BDs fine.
Go to: