Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Do you think that maybe you have a HW performance issue using the integrated chipset? I built a movie "server" based on the same chipset with a bit faster processor for my parents and I also had some audio stuttering issues from time to time which I had never seen before on my own system that was basically a mirror sw load but I have a dedicated video card. I know the 3200 is a very capable performer for what it is but I've also read some reviews saying that BR playback with that chipset is just barely capable. Have you tried disabling any of the image enhancement features built-in to the video chipset or SW that could be adding an extra strain?
Auh, so maybe I should of read these before spending the past 2 hours figuring out if I did something wrong. I am also having the same trouble with my setup (ATI 5750, Win7, PowerDVD Ultra latest release, yamaha v1800)

After reading the review on Tomshardware I thought this was a ready for prime time but I guess not. This sucks as I only bought the ATI card b/c I thought it would fully support the audio bitstreaming option. Even if I have PowerDVD do the decoding and send the data PCM it is still compressed to DVD quality. I don't get it...they say they support this...???

I also get the distortion in the movie preview section when using the compressed bitstream option but not when having the software decode it.
I have the full version and I have the same issue, it also does not show up when you remote desktop into the host PC and opening Media Center either. I'm not sure how they have implemented their menu plugin different than MyMovies which I also have and do not have these issues with remote desktop or using an extender.

Go to: