Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I upgraded to PowerDVD 9 Ultra from 7.3 Ultra BD and that fixed my problem.

Thanks for everyone's help though.
I tried re-downloading and and re-installing the current update on the site, but it still keeps displaying that critical update message and won't let me play any blu-ray discs.
I guess I'm out of luck then, since the last update for the 7.3 Ultra BD edition (the version that came with my blu-ray disc drive) was released back in September of 2008.

Anyone out there with 7.3 that knows of a way to fix this problem?
I am having the exact same issue. I purchased Transformers Revenge of the Fallen on blu-ray today. When I try to play the disc, it gives me a message saying it needs to update a critical component of the player. I click Yes, and it then informs me the update was completed. I then click play again and it gives me the "critical component needs to be updated" message again. It does this for all of my blu-ray discs now.

I have an OEM copy of Power DVD 7.3 ultra that came with my LG blu-ray disc drive model GBC-H20L. The version of Power DVD I am using is 7.3.4429 and I checked the website for any newer updates that I could install for my Power DVD 7.3 OEM copy and I could not find anything.

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to: