Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks.

Is the 'WMV and select Standard HD template' in produce or create disc sedtion?

Have a Linksys? box upstairs that bought last yr in UK to stream video, pics and music to TV. Had a lousy interface so ditched it, but has own DVD player, Hdmi and am sure space for usb dongle. Will go look while disc burning.
Been messing and dragged a load of clips to timeline. then went to produce and made an AVCHD file, 977mb for about 9 mins video.
This opened with windows media player and quality looked good.
Then went to create disc. imported this new file, had a preview which looked less good than how it looked in Win media player.
Burnt disc at only option available for DVD which was mpeg 2 best quality using 650mb and when played thru tv, quality is lower.
Is there anything I am doing wrong?
Thanks

screen shot
dxdiag attached - maybe!
Hi,
Bought a Medion hd camcorder from Aldi that saves files as MP4.
Came with PD7 which I have paid to upgrade to PD 8 delux.
If PD8 set to NTSC in preferences I have no problems with the program except a loss of qulaity to my video clips when I move them to the timeline.
I want to work with PD8 set to Pal in preferences but when I drag file to timeline I get the message shown in screen shot.
Have seen several posts re MP4 but cant find definitive answer - will PD8 edit these files or not?

Thanks for any help

screen shot to follow
Hi, new to program and have same error message as above. Live in europe so camcorder set to record PAL. drag clips onto timeline and get error. if click OK and then play clip in timeline even though preview selected as best quality clip still worse than original. Selected clip in timeline and played in media viewer and again clip quality less as the program had done what it warns - ie quality will be degraded. have set camcorder to ntsc, imported file and dragged to timeline no problem even when in prefs still had pal! Have tried camcorder in both pal and ntsc and program in both pal and ntsc and always get error on pal file from camcorder in program set on pal when dragging to timeline. Am using win 7, have final version on order for next week, and files open fine in win 7 live movie maker.

Any ideas guys? as director seems a fun program compared to win which i have used til now. Happy to supply any more info to beat this problem which seems to app+ear quite a lot in the forums..

Pete
Go to: