Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Call me a conspiracy theorist but is it possible that Cyberlink's 5105 patch is not a "fix" but a "break" designed to frustrate and force upgrade to newer versions (by spending more hard earned cash)

I have been thinking the exact same thing actually.

I have the same/similar issue with the 5105 patch ever since it was released. It silently crashes when pressing play. Sounds like mine may differ slightly in that I don't receive any program error messages, no windows messages saying the program had to close etc. Just poof and gone.

Luckily I'd saved some other patch exe's and reinstalled a previous version which gets me by for a little while until the software insists I update and won't allow me to play anything until updating which ends the same. I've tried the 5105 probably 8 or 9 times now and same thing every time. Very annoying.

After getting playback issues and then program crashes trying to play back the new Wolverine Blu-ray I attempted to do another update check and still the same 5105 that won't allow any disk to play at all.

I have an LG HD/BD drive which came with the Cyberlink Hi-def suite and the PowerDVD has given issues probably once a month for well over a year now. Before the 5105 issue the most common problem was with getting green screen during blu-ray playback all of a sudden. The fix was always going back to the OEM install and then updating to latest version.

Even if 5105 is not an attempt to get people to buy and upgrade to 9, it's still frustrating that 5105 has been out for at least a couple months and isn't fixed. It's not like it was an issue that popped up later on after install, the program starts crashing immediately after that 5105 update.

So either way between that and prior issues I've had with the software it doesn't make me want to run out and purchase the new version, or any other Cyberlink products. A competitor has just released a new version of BD/DVD playback software and looks like I will get that instead and be done with jumping through hoops trying to use the Cyberlink products.

Go to: