Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I disable autoorun in powerDVD 11 so it won't open every time I insert a disk?

Right now every time I put in a DVD, PowerDVD opens. I only want it to open if I tell it to. Please help. This is driving me bonkers.
I appreciate the help. I just need to find a solution that doesn't involve disabling all of my security software. I am wondering if one of the old trial versions of the software might have left something in the registry that is preventing it from launching. Hmmm. I have contacted support. I am pretty sure they are using some kind of script. Not much help there.
The problem with this solution is that Cyberlink seems to forget that disabling all startup items will disable everything from your printer monitor to your Antivirus and anti-malware packages.

Quote: Had the same problem - Windows 7 64bit - had installed PDVD 8 w/updates and also a trial version of Arcsoft. Install of Pdvd 10 went fine, even activated. But it wouldn't start. Here is what tech support said:

What I said: Powerdvd 8 works great - bought Powerdvd 10 upgrade, seemed to install fine. After activation, which is successful, Powerdvd does not start. There is a Powerdvd process in task manager - but I can't do anything with the product. Please help! (I really liked Powerdvd 8, but want to try 10) D/L the trial, same problem.

What they said:
I understand your concern related with launching of PowerDVD 8 software.

In regard to your issue I suggest you follow the below steps to resolve your issue:

Note: Make sure that you log in as an Administrator.

1. Start Windows in Selective Startup mode.

a. Click on Start.
b. Click on Run.
c. Type msconfig and click on OK.
d. A System Configuration Utility window will come up.
e. On General tab, select Selective Startup.
f. Uncheck "Load Startup Items".
g. Click on Apply.
h. Click on OK.
i. Click on Close.
j. It will ask you to restart your computer. Click on "Restart".

Now try to launch the software.

If issue persists, please reinstall software using the steps given below :

1. Increase Virtual memory :

a. Right click on "MyComputer"
b. Select Properties -> Advance
c. Click on "settings" under Performance.
d. Select "Advance"
e. Click on "change" under Virtual memory.
f. Select "Custom" and enter initial value as "512" and Max value as "1024".

If issue persists then please let us know which version of the Windows operating system do you have is it 32-bit version or 64-bit version.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Aryan
CyberLink Technical Support

Not sure they knew what my problem really was - maybe I wasn't being clear but I ended of rebuilding the computer and sure enough it worked - waited 2 days for this response - rebulid took about 30 minutes and like 4 hours of moving data around. Not the easiest of workarounds, but I can now play MKV files with PDVD 10.
I am not sure where you see a problem with my audio card. It is working perfectly and DXDIAG has no issues found with it either. Disabling my main audio source is not an option. This is NOT a cheap generic card. It is fully DirectX capable. I have been building systems for over 20 years so I am not exactly a newbie here. I will reinstall the audio card drivers and see if that helps, but the card should not be the issue.

Quote: Dear Richard,

I can see that you have a problem with your Audio card - please check the Audio card driver.

please also try this:

- disable the Auzen Audio card
- enable the onboard audio
- reboot
- try again to startup PDVD

Br
Michael
I just purchased PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mach II for my main system. The problem is simple, the program will not start. Installation from the CD went fine, no errors, and activation was good, but now the program will not start, I double click and I get an icon spin for a few seconds and that's it. Not even a splash screen. I am running Windows 7 Ultra 64Bit on my custom rig.

MB MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3
CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955 BB edition
Memory 8GB DDR3 PC1333 Corsair
Video XFX ATI HD 4870x2 twin core PCIE with 2GB Vram. And yes it is fully HDMI compliant.
Sound Aren Auzentech Cinema Explosion 7.1 sound card
Over 2TB of available storage
Optical LG BD-ROM / DVDRW
Display LG 23" Flatron W2361V widescreen LCD Monitor

According to the advisor, everything is compliant and compatible. I will attach a DXDIAG report and hopefully someone has an idea what the problem could be. Any help is really appreciated.

Rich
I am having the same problem. I can't get PowerDVD to even load after the patch. I can't just reinstall without the patch because I need it for Blue Ray disk playback. I also notice that Tech support hasn't made any comment in this thread. I have the LG OEM version which came with my LG Optical Drive. I am running Windows 7 RC Build 7100 64Bit Ultimate. I also get the darn Unable to load file -- UI_RES.DLL. error...
Go to: