Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Finally I think I'm getting somewhere. It looks like the motionmenugenerator.exe problem could be linked to which menu you use. I used a particularly difficult and complicated one - disks floating in and out - and this definitely has problems for me. Having tried one or two other menus, notably 'Cinema' found on the Director's Zone', I've found I can burn disks again.Hopefully those with the same problem can pool our experiences here to see which menus may be better than others.
I'm getting extremely frustrated and agravated with PD8. I've spent hours trying to resolve this motionmenugenerator problem and no help seems to be forthcoming from Cyberlink. I've reinstalled exactly as per instructions - same problem. I've tried downloading the latest build (which is?) from the supplied ftp site - I'm always timed out as the connection is too slow (about 22kb/s). I know it's not my problem as I'm on high quality/speed broadband and other sites are fast. I also tried downloading a different menu from the Director Zone - I got exactly the same speed and again I was eventually timed out. Is there something wrong with Cyberlink's website - it can't always be that busy - I've tried at many various times. I've found that using the basic menu one gets when first going to Create Menu I can burn a disk. Contrary to my earlier post Magic Fix can be applied. It looks like the motionmenugenerator exe file can deal with some menus but is erratic. I'm trying to run a business with this problem and just can't rely on PD8 - I wish I hadn't upgraded. I'm on build 1930 - have we any idea when the next patch will come along? I should say I've also upgraded my display drivers to the latest ones with no change to the problem - I Can't even access the supposed faster speeds in rendering. This looks like a major problem and with limited solutions except for stock answers, I'm tempted to go back to Pinnacle at present.
I too have this problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled according to the instructions and still get this error on 2 machines. I didn't get it when I Created a disk without a clip on the timeline, only a menu. I've tried it with and without first creating a hard disk folder. It's getting very frustrating. Can anyone throw any light on it Support did not address this problem when I brought it up. I did manage to burn 1 disk when I put a short file onto the timeline with no edits or enhancements, but this will obviously be enough.
Go to: