Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am in the midst of digitizing many years of home videos before they turn to dust, ultimately wanting to create movies that show events of a year, in video, with photos interspersed and music overlapped to create a montage. When I digitize a two hour video, it creates a massive file. If I try to cut that file into smaller pieces, I can do that, sort of, but each of them is still part of the larger file, just not all of it is displayed any more, only the segments I kept in. Moving that large file around is cumbersome and slows the whole process down hugely; also, I can't identify the segments and work with them individually.

So, my questions are: Is there a way to subdivide the digitized video into discrete sections, with discrete names, each of which can be handled separately? I would like, for example, to identify and to pull the "Christmas" section out of each year and create a movie, with photos, too, just of that holiday. Can I do that, and if so, how?

As you likely can tell, I am not technologically adept, so I need appropriate directions, for the enthusiastic yet ignorant user.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Go to: