Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I'm using 9 Ultra with the latest 2320 build. It comes with Media Center integration to where it will play a BlueRay with the Media Center look and feel, even though it is actually running through PowerDVD. I'm assuming Media Center is intercepting the keyboard commands though and not passing them along to PowerDVD, because in that mode I can't get most of the keyboard shortcuts to PowerDVD to work. For example, F should fast forward, but it doesn't.

I am not familiar with PDVD9.

I use PDVD7.3 with VMC plug-in @:

http://insightonsite.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=vmcreleases&thread=15

This plug-in can be configured to launch powerdvd with vmc (I am sure it can be used for pdvd9 - it is highly customizable and can be used for any application launch from within vmc - see instructions).

Try it out. If you believe that VMC is the issue, you can configure the plug-in to close VMC upon pdvd launch and then restart vmc upon pdvd exit. That should rule in/out vmc catching the keyboard strokes.
Quote: I did that and now the Keyboard shortcuts work in Cinema mode if I run PowerDVD directly, but still not if I run it from the Media Center interface.

What PowerDVD version? How are you running PDVD from Media Center?
Quote: I upgraded to Build 2320 for PowerDVD9 Ultra. I'm on Win 7 Pro x64. None of the keyboard shortcuts work anymore. This is a big deal for me because my HTPC Remote Control passes keyboard commands to PowerDVD.

Anyone else experience this problem and/or have a solution?

I've already tried contacting Cyberlink customer support and they are just complete idiots. I don't even know why I paid money to buy this crap. They should be paying me!

Uncheck BDJ keyboard support checkbox in configuration. Restart powerdvd.
Quote: I regret that I cannot help because I am having a similar issue after installing the 5105 patch. only it is showing DVD_X.IMP. This is a royal pain in the butt !

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PowerDVD.exe
Application Version: 7.3.5113.0
Application Timestamp: 49b934bb
Fault Module Name: DVD_X.IMP
Fault Module Version: 7.3.5113.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49b9337b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002fdff
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: de20
Additional Information 2: 34a057f87f575ec23b9a693d9bdc5596
Additional Information 3: da03
Additional Information 4: 2239dfb6225dbe48b3eafbb7f6aa056e

Are you running Comodo Firewall + Defence?
I am having the following issues after updating to 5105 build on my HTPC running Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2.

1. PowerDVD silently closes upon pressing "Play" button with all DVD and all Bluray titles.
2. No Audio settings are available (both drop downs are greyed out) under "Audio" tab of configuration
3. No BD region setting (all radio buttons are greyed out - 0 remaining region changes) under "BD Region" tab.
4. PowerDVD log shows exception 0xC0000005 caused by CLDShowX.dll.

All drivers, directX, etc. are up to date.

Tech support is clueless and has had me running around in circles installing older oem and retail patches.
Go to: