Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Playing back videos in a media player is different than previewing them on the timeline. Do you see the same slowdown with the raw clips without any of the cropping and resizing? You may want to create a new project for testing.

I see that PD365 has hung several times (as shown in the DxDiag report). Some of those entires show "AppHangB1" and the RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 events seem to point to an issue with how PD is handling memory. Have you tried uninstalling it, rebooting then installing it again? You won't lose any work or projects.

I'll give it that a try tomorrow. Since you mentioned memory, something I noticed when PD freezes, it seems to dump most of its RAM usage. It might go from 1.5gb of RAM usage when its working to 200mb when it freezes. Not sure if that helps at all.

Sorry if my frustration bled through into my post earlier. I'd spent like 2 hours trying to figure out the issue at that point... 2hrs I could have spent working on editing, and it had gotten to the point of bothering me at that point. I ended up completely re-editing the video on the Mac (which had no issue doing it). Granted, its a much newer Mac Studio with the M1 Max, so not exactly apples to apples comparison.
Hi all,

I've been using PD365 for a couple years now, and while I've never been super impressed with it's performance, I've never had an issue like I'm currently having.

Editing a multi-track video (1 4k30 iPhone video, 1 5k30 GoPro video, 1 720p screen capture from a tablet), when all video tracks are shown on the preview at one time, the preview slows down to the point of being unusable. 1 FPS. Sometimes, it even freezes the program. I've done multi-track using the exact same video sources in the past without issue, but this is the first time attempting to do it after updating to ver 21. I've also recently updated graphics drivers.

Searched on here, cleared temporary files, did a clean install of my graphics drivers (used the studio version and did not install geforce experience). No change in the issue. I typically only use HD Preview Quality, dropped it down to the lowest quality, no change. I can watch in system monitor and nothing (CPU, GPU, HD, etc) gets over 50% utilization. System is plenty cool, not thermal throttling.

I can play all of the same videos at the same time in windows at full resolution with no issue. I'm not doing anything to the videos in PD aside from cropping and resizing them to fit on the screen. No other effects.

I'm not using shadow files and I'm not willing to start. I don't want to wait an hour for PD to render shadow files before I can start working. It's never been an issue in the past, this system is plenty fast to display multiple 4k videos at the same time. This is a new issue.

dxdiag is attached. Please let me know any suggestions or if this is a new issue with PD. I tried editing the same videos in the same fashion on a Mac that is currently on loan to me (using the trial version of Final Cut) and it had absolutely zero issues or slow downs. Didn't even think about it. I don't want to cancel my PD365 and switch to Mac, but if this is the kind of performance I can expect out of PD on a decently powerful PC, I won't continue to pay for it. Its completely unusable at the moment.

Thanks

EDIT: Tried opening the same project on my laptop (which is newer but much slower than my PC). It does the same thing when all 3 videos are on the screen in PD, 60% CPU utilization, 1 FPS. Again, it can play all of the videos similatiously in Windows with no issue. Seems to be an issue with PD.
Go to: