Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
for the record, the camcorder I am using is a Everio GZ-MG39U

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, doesn't change anything

I tried importing the MOD files directly from the camcorder. When I click on the 'Import" button and just click on one of the MOD files, PD stops working and shuts down...

definately not going to buy this program now
I'm using the trial version.. but if it works on the full version I don't get it. If something doesn't work on the trial, it doesn't really make me want to buy the product

I'll give the uninstall - reinstall thing a go.

What I did was copy the files from my camcorder to the pc but I haven't tried directly importing them from the camera. Could that be a problem?

If this doesn't work, I'm just gonna find a video conversion program and go that way.
I'll give that a go. I think I read that same article before not too long ago

From what I read through the help file with PowerDirector 7, MOD files are supported but I really can't figure out why when I try to import them it just shuts down powerdirector.

Wouldn't it just make more sense if JVC decided to NOT make use of MOD files??
Hey all, my first post.

I got myself a JVC camcorder (pre-2007) and am trying the trial version of PowerDirector 7, try before I buy sort of thing as I'm trying to make a DVD for my parents of my newborn

However, when I try to import the MOD files from my pc.. I moved the files over from the camcorder, PowerDirector just closes by itself and I get no error message. I tried using PowerProducer as well, but it would just stop running and freeze up

Some cyberlink software came with the camcorder but it was older versions and it wouldn't let me import the MOD files either.

anyone have any ideas about this? thanks
Go to: