Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I run AVG Security Suite, updated once daily, with Pest Patrol and Spyware Blaster running quietly in the background. I keep WinFirewall off. System is desktop XP. I have not checked drivers for hardware in months, though.

I run one or another AV in the wee hours as I sleep. It would be odd if THAT were the problem since all other media software I've DL'd this week seem to work just fine.

However-- I wil be switching later today to a 3.0 GHz/750 GB HD/ 4GB ram system, again WinXP desktop. Once I'm up and running, I will DL the program once more and see if it works properly. I'll report, pass or fail. Thanks for the advice so far...
I just DL'd the trial version of V. 9, and its driving me crazy!

No matter what I point it to for playback (mp3, avi, etc.), it generates an error and closes. When I go into Configuration PowerDVD Settings, I can click on any tab EXCEPT VIDEO. As soon as I click it, it shows the same information listed under the DVD tab, freezes, then generates errors again and closes.

Before I uninstall this, I would like to see if its even worth the trouble its cost me so far.
Go to: