Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
And most forums restrict anonymous posts; this one apparently does not. I read posts, replied to posts, and could have easily read any replies that came later. I'd suggest not allowing anonymous posts at all - seems to be a better policy than a short notice deletion. Just my opinion, of course

To get back OT - I finally managed to eliminate whatever rogue registry entries were still preventing the uninstall/reinstall and FINALLY got what appears to be a working program. The MS registry cleaner finally managed the job for me. If any of the developers happen to read this, I'd like to request a more robust uninstall/install program. Obviously they know what keys halt the install; it shouldn't be too difficult to incorporate a basic registry scrubber, or at least have one available for download. . .again, just a thought.
Tony - appreciate your response. Yes, you're correct - I'm cheesed off. I'm a member of numerous forums and I find them delightful, informative places to frequent. But in all the years I've been in forums, I have never - NEVER - had posts just deleted with little or no warning.

I was hoping to find some advice here, and if my post hadn't disappeared, you would have seen that I was unable to perform an uninstall for whatever reason - the uninstaller couldn't find setup.exe and just quit. I noticed from the posts I'd read here that this is not an uncommon problem. I'd guess that the problem is about 30% Vista and 70% CyberLink, give or take.

After about 4 hours of digging, scrubbing, deleting, reinstalling, etc. I think I finally have a clean enough installation to run. I know I've probably ruined my chances of ever being accepted here, and for that I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to my posts; all I know is that I left a post, came back about an hour later to find Dafydd's post, and mine were gone. Do the math. Cheesed off? You bet.

Shame, as these forums look like a valuable resource. Oh, well - life goes on.

Thanks for the reply.

BP
Moderator who deleted my posts:

How about some help instead of deleting my posts. I just spent $90 for a product I can't use, I'm waiting for e-mail support because I refuse to pay for phone support, and you delete my posts within a few hours. There was nothing inflammatory or out of line there, so what's with the deletions? Moderators should assist, not get angry people angrier.

Unbelievable.
Go to: