Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well, Tommy, I cannot help you with a soundcard. It is quite possible that it may have issues with PD7, or for that matter, your PC as well. I do know that the only way to troubleshoot problems with software is to make sure the computer is operating properly before you start troubleshooting.

I just purchased PD7 a month ago and so far, it runs good on my PC using Windows XP. Opens in 8 seconds. On my new, speedy & powerful graphics computer, it opens in 4 seconds. Then when I import 32 clips (mpg) it chokes when I start trimming and crashes & turns off my machine. That machine uses Windows VISTA, 64bit. The machine has 8gigs of RAM and lots of hard drive. It should not be crashing.

So, we share a problem in that area. There are lots of video edit forums. Google for them using 'video forums' as your search criteria. Be prepared to give helpers your machine's stats. I use BELARC ADVISOR to output a very thorough description of hardware and software. Absolutely everything you can think of. I keep a copy of the report handy so that when I'm troubleshooting, I have it handy.

Tommy, you may be right about Cnet downloads but I've never experienced it there. All downloads work on the first try. But about the loading of PD7 on your machine.... taking more than a few moments for the program to load is just too much and leads me to believe there is something in your system (hardware or software) that might be doing some interfering with PD7. I run it on 4 computers and the slowest loads the program in less than 30 seconds. Why does yours take so long to load?
Quote: Sorry, but PD8 is no better, just more and different bells and whistles.
Cyberlink should "invest" more to make the version stabile and with better berforamnce that whistles.

PD7 loads over 5 minutes in my PC, so did the PD8 !
Sony Vegas loads about 15-20 seconds
Liquid 7 loads under one minute
Pinnacle loads about 30 seconds

When I exit PD7, it remains running in memory, so I have to close it manually in task manager. So did the PD8.
Other video programs do not do that.

Guys - these are major problems and you have to fix them not make new bells and whistles...

I know the problem is not im my hardware or configuration, because all other audio and video programs that I have or have tested run perfectly in my PC.

Tommy, I also had no problem downloading from the provided link. My PW7 loads in about 10-12 seconds. If there were lots of others with the same problem as you are experiencing, I think you could assume the program has major flaws, however right now, you are experiencing something that seems to be unique to your machine. Software mixes and hardware can create untold problems from time to time and unless many others are experiencing the same thing, it is quite difficult to pin down.

I would suspect the machine and/or software conflicts first. Why is it that you are the only person that cannot download the version 8 trial? That has nothing to do with Cyberlink and that alone gives me suspicions of a problem with something and when ever I have problems in one area, it makes me suspicious of the whole system I'm using.
Go to: