Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Worked for me!

Thank you.
Agosta,

Please read my thread "Tech Support not responding" http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/54.page. The support is a waste of time with this product.

As I stated in the previous you have to use the work around until a patch comes out. They have only known about this for a couple of weeks based on my "Ticket in tech support". I hope they have a patch before PD6 comes out. which took 16 days to resolve.
you need to "split" the clip at the beginning and end points that you wish to "cut" then click on the clip to delete which will highlight greeen i think and then press the "delete" key or right click and "delete clip"

to split a clip -move the timer to the first point on the clip and then click on split do the same with the end point. you will now have three seperate clips. this does not change the source file at all. you will need to save your project to have the editing saved for future use.

hope that helps.

Jeff
I understand it is free and I can handle a 24 - 36 hour turn around, but to take 4-5 days to respond to my "reply" to their reply is totally unacceptable.

And then to reply back with "canned" messages after the 4 days is even more infuriating after my reply had enough detail to avoid the canned response.

anyway, enough ranting, they finally determined it was a bug in the program and will have a patch soon - hopefully.
Thanks MikiMouse,

All "Smartsound" files do not burn to a DVD when using the "Create" function of the program. MikiMouse suggested a work around to me and it worked.

Create your movie as usual and then "Produce" the move to a "DV-AVI" file on your hard drive and then open the new movie as a "NEW Project" and then "Create" the disc and burn as usual. The "Smartsound" file that was a "music" track is now a "sound" track for the movie clip.

Worked like a charm. Took an extra 15 minutes to do on a 11 minute movie but I guess we will have to be inconvenienced until Cyberlink can get the bug fixed.

Thanks again, Jeff
Cyberlink's replies to my questions are taking 2-3 days to get back to me. I find that unacceptable and it is good thing I am not on a deadline to get my projects done.

Anyone else having problems getting replies to your "Support" questions?

HI,

I have a video clip that is 7+ minutes long and have muted the sound from the clip. I added a "Smartsound" file to the music track and expanded it to fit the length of the movie.

When i go and burn the project to a DVD HQ format (or any format as far as that goes) the sound does not get included into the movie.

In turn, I have replaced the "Smartsound" file with a .wma file (ripped from a CD to my PC with Windows Media Player) to the music track and did NOT expand the music track and it burned correctly.

I just wondering if anyone else has this issue or not and if you have worked around and I am just missing something.

Tech support is taking WAY TOOOOOO Long to answer my questions.

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi,

Could you click on the "Produce" button and then go through the process of saving the "Movie" (edited version of your original) to a "File" with the .avi extentsion (so it does not get compressed). Do that with all off your originals - you will need lots of HD space for this unless you delete your originals after you edited and produced them.

Then open a "New" project and import all of the edited clips.

Hope that helps.

Jeff
Go to: