Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Glad I could help. Good luck with TMT. I may switch back too once they fix the playback stutter problem I was having.

-AJ
What exactly is cinema mode?
To play bluray disks in Vista Media Center, I recently switched from Arcsoft Total Media Theatre to PowerDVD9. TMT was giving me jerky playback wheras PoweDVD plays back very smooth.

I have a couple of big annoying problems with the PowerDVD MCE plugin that I'm hoping they will fix soon.

1. While playing a bluray disc, pressing the Info button on the MCE remote brings up an MCE menu and a bluray popup menu at the same time. Very annoying. Only the bluray menu should appear.

2. After turning on my HTPC from S3 sleep mode, the PowerDVD plugin fails to play a bluray disc. I have to either exit MCE and restart a couple of times in order to get the disc to play, or play the disc first in standalone PowerDVD first before playing it in MCE. Also very annoying.

I'll keep an eye on the latest builds on TMT. If they fix the playback studder problem, I'm switching back since it doesn't have these problems.

-AJ
Try this. Download the trial of Total Media Theatre - http://www.arcsoft.com/public/software_title.asp?ProductID=362&dyContent=LANG_DOWNLOAD

Uninstall PowerDVD, install TTM and see if their MCE plugin behaves the same.

I swithced from TTM to PowerDVD because I was getting jerky playback on some bluray disks. I may switch back if they improve the product.
Very strange. Maybe try different monitor setups in MCE just to see what happens. It sounds like you have the same problem I had - a border around the edge that's needed for older tube TVs called an overscan area.

-AJ
My aspect is locked on letterbox too.

What version of PDVD are you running?

-AJ
Settings - TV - Configure your TV or monitor. Make sure to select 16:9 aspect. The flat screen monitor fixed my problem.

In the PowerDVD MCE plugin, Settings - Display Settings, aspect ratio is set to letterbox and can't be changed. Is that what you mean?

You may have to change some settings in PowerDVD outside of MCE.

-AJ
Now if I can just find out why the PowerDVD MCE plugin displays a blank screen instead of playing a bluray disk when my HTPC is turned on from standby mode. The only way I can get it to play is to fireup PowerDVD and click play, then exit out and go back to MCE and run the plugin.

-AJ
Solved. The solution is to set your display type to "Flat Screen" instead of TV then the overscan correction area goes away.

-AJ
Hi folks. I just purchased PowerDVD 9 which comes with a Vista Mediacenter Bluray plugin. The plugin works great however I noticed that it doesn't fill the entire 16:9 screen (there seems to be a considerable blank border around the edge). Has anyone noticed this and how to eliminate it? There's no border when running PowerDVD by itself.

I'm using a ATI Radeon HD 4850 video card driving a HD TV thru HDMI.

Any help is appreciated.
-AJ
Go to: