Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Having the same issues with Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 build 3017 (drive is LG GBC-H20L, video card is nVidia GTX 260). Arcsoft Totalmedia Theatre (platinum trial version) has problems too, though instead of pixelation, frames are dropped. *sigh*
The update 5105 could not play any Blu-ray disk I tried. So I downloaded the old 4617 installer on the downloads page and reinstalled that. That build seems to still work for older titles but will not play "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (and other recent titles I suspect). I'm not sure what is going on here, but I'm guessing that it has something to do with an update to copy protection *rant on* which hackers have probably already cracked leaving only us legitimate users unable to play our movies. *rant off*
After inserting the Bluray disk "The Day the Earth Stood Still", PowerDVD 7.3 informed me that it needed to be updated. After installing that update, I can no longer play Bluray disks. The disks I've tried seem to play for about 10 seconds and then the video halts. I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1 64 bit and using an LG GBC-H20L Bluray drive. I believe that the version of PowerDVD that was working for me was 4617, but am not certain. Any suggestions?

Edit: There is no audio when I try to play a BD with 7.3.5105. Audio seems fine with 7.3.4617.
Go to: