Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sent the ATI back and replaced it with an Nvidia GTX 295. Now it just works. Now compressing a 1hr 45min film takes less than 10mins. Now that's what I call progress.

Bin your ATI cards...CUDA wins out every time (and gives you other options of products to use)
Sounds like I should try and return my card. Glad I'm not alone with this problem.

Cheers
Are you implying that we should read the release notes for every components driver before purchasing something?...seems like a sad state to be in...

Vista 64 is the current OS from Microsoft and has been available for a number of years. It's 'normally' safe to assume that when a company like Cyberlink and ATI are telling everyone about a new feature.(GPU acceleration)..that it's supported on the current release of operating system.

Thanks for the update but to be honest...it doesn't help.

I've just spent £320 on an ATI 4870x2 with the explicit intention of using PowerDirector with ATI Stream. To now find out it doesn't work...I feel like sending the card back as "not fit for purpose" and getting an Nvidia card.

If you type Video encode with hardware into Google...all you see is adverts for Cyberlink and ATI...what a load of crap.

Not a happy chappie...
I have Vista 64 installed and the 32bit Avivo works, if you use the ATi application (althoug it is somewhat limited but I don't think that has anthing to do with 32/63bit). However I'm having the same problem as mentioned above...greyed out tick box in PowerDirector7.

Considering so many people are having the problem...you woulod think someone at Cyberlink should be looking at it...given the amount of adverts about GPU enhancements.
Go to: