Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes you are correct.

However if you select Portable.MPEG4 --- You get very low resolution stuff.

If you select AVC.MPEG4 ---- the file produced is has a *.m2ts extension and not *.MP4 extension.

Reading many threads on the forum, I have come to the conclusion that the PD7 does NOT produce HQ/HD MP4 file and that I will have to use an external tool to do that. I don't like this but I can live with it.

Now my question is that if I produce a 720p content AND use PD7 to create AVC/H.264 *.m2ts file. Which external tool do I use if I wish to generate an *.mp4 file with the same AVC/H.264 720p content.

My goal is (and if I am thinking it correctly), I don't want this tool to muck with the data as I not changing 720p/AVC/H.264 and just change the stream format.

I am using PD7 Deluxe ...
So I did re-installed the software on my HTPC. It does go a bit faster. But I did experience multiple stalls/hangs during the Produce phase.

I couldn't get Encode-GPU option to work.

Any further guidance on:

Ultimately --- I would like to have my edited content not loose any definition (i.e. stay at Sanyo HD1000 720p, 14 - 16 Mbps), use AVC/H.264 encoding and MP4 file format (i.e. *.mp4).

Thanks,

Sohail

I am Vista-32 user and I have the same problem. I just don't see the check-box highlighted.

I read some of the threads on this fourm and with that, I have downloaded the AVIVO from ATI site and I have tried the AVI file, the M2TS file, etc.

Cyberlink or someone ought to please provide a clear guidelines please.

This is one of the key reasons why I went with Cyberlink.
So I did defrag the drive last night. Additionally, it also has 40+ GB free. With that, I tried to Produce an output file and it died again with "PowerDirector has stopped working" message. I believe this software is buggy!

I am thinking of moving (remove & re-install) the PD7 software to my HTPC where I have Core-2-Duo-3Ghz plus ATI 4670 and a very fast disk. This should all help speed things up.

Ultimately --- I would like to have my edited content not loose any definition (i.e. stay at Sanyo HD1000 720p, 14 - 16 Mbps), use AVC/H.264 encoding and MP4 file format (i.e. *.mp4).

So what settings do I use in PD7 to produce something that is AVC/H.264 and not overly compressed and what would be the file format ?

Since PD7 cannot produce *.mp4, What external tool do I use to get to get this file converted to *.mp4 ? Whould this external tool transcode the data again or simply convert the file format (e.g. from *.m2ts to *.mp4). I would hate going though another transcoding (data loss plus processing time).

I am not concerned about AppleTV as it cannot deal with data rate over 5 Mbps anyway but I still wish to stay with *.mp4.

Thanks again,

Sohail

Thanks I read the articles by Adrian. Indeed informative and I will use 720p henceforth.

Once I record from my Sanyo HD1000, I never go back to it and use a HTPC or AppleTV to play all my media.

I will run the defrag tonight and then rerun the test again.

I would like to get to a *.mp4 file with 720p content however --- I don't understand why PD7 does not support it.

I could see the benefit of defrag but why would it cause PowerDirector to crash and/or how would antivirus off helps ?

My laptop only received Vista-32 a week or so back so I should be reasonably defrag'd.

Only purchased my PDR-7 two days back --- Is there a way to go to PDR-7-Ultra cheaply.
I purchased a copy of Powerdirector-7 couple of days back after first trying the trial version for a day or two. Most of my content is coming from Sanyo Xacti HD1000 movie camera that is capturing at 720p or 1080i recording it in AVC MP4.

I was please with the ease of use of the software especially on simple operations and decided to go with this package.

Yesterday, I spent several hours combining small video clips into a 30 min movie with few cleanups.

As I attempted to Produce an AVI file --- I would get "PowerDirector has stopped working" and the software would exit.

As I removed all of the Magic-Clean from all clips and reduced the Movie to 15 minutes, the creation of AVI file finally completed!

Is this NORMAL/Typical ??? If this tool is only reliable for connecting clips and most other stuff is buggy than it is a waste of time.

I am running this on a laptop - Lenovo-T400 with dual-core and ATI chipset

I am using PDR-7.0.2519.

Should I be trying another patch ? Is there one ? Should be using certain settings ? Are there features I should stay away from ?

Another question/concern --- I was hoping to save my file in AVC-MP4 format and not AVI or MPEG-2 only formats --- Should I have purchased the Ultra version of this ?

Go to: