Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: its more likely a problem with DivX, as a codec its utter garbage.

use Xvid instead. Not had a problem playing avi's at all in PDVD9

I have both Xvid and DivX codecs installed on my PC. Still can't see the video in PowerDVD 9, but can hear it. I thank you for the suggestion. This appears to be a problem with the updated programs that the older ones didn't have.

Daisy mentioned a bug. But I sure wish there was a real fix for it. Or I need to get my money back. I thank you for your feedback.

Open c:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\CLDShowX.ini (or where you installed the application)

change

8652BB68-F961-4027-9908-5652EBC2D3A9=CLSID_DIVXDECODER ;DivxDec

to

//8652BB68-F961-4027-9908-5652EBC2D3A9=CLSID_DIVXDECODER ;DivxDec

Well that did the trick - wow thanks. The quality of the caps isn't as good as what it used to do - but it works. And I can see the avi file.

I really thank you for your help!
Quote: its more likely a problem with DivX, as a codec its utter garbage.

use Xvid instead. Not had a problem playing avi's at all in PDVD9

I have both Xvid and DivX codecs installed on my PC. Still can't see the video in PowerDVD 9, but can hear it. I thank you for the suggestion. This appears to be a problem with the updated programs that the older ones didn't have.

Daisy mentioned a bug. But I sure wish there was a real fix for it. Or I need to get my money back. I thank you for your feedback.
I can hear what I'm watching, but cannot see the avi file I want to watch. I never experienced this problem with older versions of PowerDVD. I could play AVI, DivX, etc.

I already have the free Divx Codec installed.

I am currently running Windows Vista 32 bit, Home Premium SP 1, and all of my other media players work fine with the avi files, etc.

HELP?
Go to: