Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks chad,
But at this moment Avivo not is available for Vista 64.

Quote: Saul, Once I installed Avivo Converter, everything was fine. It didn't work with all the steps you've taken as I did the same things you did. When I installed Avivo converter, all was well. Also,you can only enable GPU when converting to Mpeg2 and, I had to disable the preview for it to work. Hope this helps.
Avivo not available yet for Vista 64 .
Quote: I was having the same problem until I realized that I needed to download the Avivo converter file separately of the Catalyst Control Center. If you go to the ATi driver download page and search for you operating system and card you should get the results page. Located toward the bottom of that page should be the Avivo Package. After I installed this I was able to select 'GPU Acceleration' for encoding.

*Please note that this is not available for all types of videos!
This works for Mpeg2 and .H264 videos but I don't think it works on anything else (such as streaming types like .wmv).
I have Vista 64, PD 7 2519, ATI Radeon 4850 card, latest ATI drivers but "Enable GPU hardware video encoder" checkbox is grayed out.
Kevin,
Do you fix the probem? Because I have the same here. Vista 64, PD 2519, ATI Radeon 4850 card, latest ATI drivers,"Enable GPU hardware video encoder" checkbox is grayed out.
Quote: I have a 64 bit vista operating system with an ATI Radeon 4850 card.
I followed the following steps today:

1) Downloaded the latest 2519 patch
2) Installed the patch.
3) Opened up PowerDirector and went to Edit --> Preferences -->Editing menu. The GPU box is still greyed out and non selectable.
4) I then downloaded the latest ATI graphics drivers, installed them and rebooted.
5) I ran powerdirector again and still the checkbox is greyed out.
6) I then reinstalled the update patch again, just in case my updating of the drivers caused some type of issue.
7) Ran PowerDirector again, and still the checkbox is not enabled.

When I drop a video in and goto produce - create a file - mpeg2 and next the GPU is disabled.

How can I enable the checkbox to get full GPU functionality?

Kevin

Go to: