Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well John,

The funny thing is that codecs from 9 are working with other players.
For example, I am using KMPlayer for years.
I can tune it as i like, set key shortcuts, assign custom actions for mouse, have different profiles for different formats, etc...
Main reason for buying CL were codecs.
CL player is mediocre and almost useless(at least for my needs), but performance and quality of its DVD and HD264 codecs is very hard to beat.
I spent few days installing, reinstalling and poking around Vista and finally I got everything working in my KMPlayer. PDVD9 audio renderer is showing some funny characters in properties tabs, but it works.
Oddly enough, CL 9 Ultra player still crashes in same way it did before and 8 Ultra works as it did before.
Some people complain about disabling 264 codecs with last update for 8 and selling it separately, but I say: Can we buy all codecs separately without your crappy player, please!!!
Well, it seems I am joining the crowd too.
I had 8 Ultra for some time now and it still works ok.
Recently purchased 9 ultra upgrade and having same problems as most of you guys here.
Audio combos in settings are empty and if I click on Video settings or try to play something app crashes and Vista gives me this message:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PowerDVD9.exe
Application Version: 9.0.1428.0
Application Timestamp: 49a93bb7
Fault Module Name: DVD_X.IMP
Fault Module Version: 9.0.1428.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49a93c23
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004fa75
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 5146
Additional Information 1: 34c6