Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shortly after downloading the Power DVD8 Ultra (which worked beautifully) I started getting warning pop ups from My Trend Micro PCN Internet security 14 that the Cyberlink Power DVD program had the virus Crypt OPET. I called Trend Micro and they said they had very hypervigilant virus codes and they were working with Power DVD program to fix the problem and there was no virus threat at all with the program. They "fixed it" so the pop up would stop coming up every 15 seconds the computer was on (very annoying) What they did made no difference in the Pop ups but paralysed my Power DVD programs where it would give an error message saying it had to close but nothing else. Since I bought the back up disk, I uninstalled Cyberlink Power DVD and tried to reinstall it. Micro PCN would not let it be installed at all saying it had the virus. My Micro PCN Internet Security is paid until 2011 but it was so annoying and when I called them back they offered to fix it giving me the same "we are working with cyberlink on it". I decided that too much time was spent on this and dumped my Trend PCN protection and the remaining paid time and downloaded Norton 360 which works great and let me reinstall the Cyberlink Power DVD without any problem and it works great.
So pretty much if you are running Trend Micro PCN (which comes with DELL computers) you will have problems with the Power DVD.
Go to: