Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Okay, here is my problem. I have two blu ray drives. On is an LG and one is a Liteon. The LG is brand new, bought and installed yesterday. It came with with a disc with the cyberlink suite, with POWERDVD 9.0. Installed the software and the new LG drive works great. The Liteon, will not load a blu-ray. I keep getting the critical update required. I select yes and it within like one second says update is done. I try to play again and the same critical update message comes back. You can continue this as long as your willing to click YES to update, but nothing ever really happens.
The reason I bought the new drive was because the same message was happening with the Liteon drive with the PowerDVD 7 software it came with. I thought if I bought a new drive with new software it would take care of the issue. But the Liteon drive doesn't work with either software PowerDVD 7 or 9. (DVD 7 completey removed and DVD 9 now installed) I have read several posts with folks having the same issues but nothing really getting resolved. I put in a support ticket in to Cyberlink and I am waiting for their response. Does ayone know of a fix? I dont see how a critical update is missing if one drive is working fine and the other one isnt. Not mention the Liteon drive works perfect as a regular drive. You can put any Blu-ray in an then go to my computer and see that the name of this disk and the size of the blu-ray. I thought it may be a firmware issue but not leaning that way anymore seeing how the blu-ray advisor program shows both drives and say they pass for blu-ray playback. Any smart guys out there with similar problems? Thanks
Go to: