Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[b]tHTha is the way it seems many times - because it IS that way if you don't have Cyberlink as a major part of your day. For months, Alt, I've had soumd and displsy that were horrible. The fix to my problem and MAYBE yours (if you choose to go to the trouble) was a system restore. Pain in the neck, but worked like a charm. See my poasts if you want the story...I hate typing. Good luck...JeffAsFarAsYouKnow
[b]Certainly this has taken me long enough but I am playing DVD's all Day and Night with no problem with sound or disply. The fix to my slurring sound and jumpy graphics was a system restore. For once i can be concise although I will say I am glad no hardware was damaged or out of date and i certainly didn't need to spend EVEN MORE money to upgrade PowerDVD again. Best wishes....Jeff-as far as you know.
Not even a little...so kind...so intuitive.
Of the eight posibilities you listed there are, of course two that i have no control over: Graphics card failing and corrupt file installation. I run programs that are tougher or more demanding of the graphics card and there is no problem with those. I realize that the possiblities you listed are quite possibly a problem. Surely i am no technician, but you suggest, "Looks like a computer problem more than the actual software." Then I cannot quite understand the sentence, "It is the installed versions and the problem continuing." << Does that make sense, really? Then: "The latest software is PowerDvD Deluxe." Thanks for the reminder even though the emails from CYBERLINK and my visits to the web site very informative. Also..if I have "computer problems" are they going to be corrected by buying an eleventh product as an upgrade? The information regarding the latest POWERDVD version won't make my "failing graphics card" return to a healthy state, will it? With the respect due, Sir...your flippant reminder that another CYBERLINK newer, better product is available seems curious after the suggestion that I have "computer problems." Perhaps i just can't understand.
Hey, Enrique'..I'm a newbie also but I think i can help you with this. At the top of the page here in the Forum you see the figure of a person and the word "members" beside it. Click on the word and you will have a page show up with a box for you to enter your email address and another box for you to enter your password that you set up when you registered the product. Then you click to log in and you will probably see "Welcome, Enrique" and you'll know you're in the Members area and you'll be on your page. I think in the middle column there will be a link that says "Retrieve Product Keys" or something simliar. Click on that and a page will appear with all your transactions and the key that activates each one. Write it down or print it out and you will be good to go. I THINK that if you cannot remember your password a solution wil be provided as in most cases. Such as provide some information that indicates that you are indeed the purchaser and the password will be emailed to the email address that you use to sign in. I think you must have registered to have gotten the key previously. I hope I got it right! This is easy to forget, but I just did it mydelf so good luck.
I'm a newbie also, but I think if you leave a message at cyberlink...or email...whatever....you will be emailed within a day or so and given a download link that is good for several days. Try that. k?
Hello, Dave. I don't have a fix for you but I am having the same trouble you describe after performing a system restore on my computer and then upgrading to PoswerDVD 6 Deluxe. It has been suggested to me in this Forum that my soumd card and whatever else is\are the problem. I have other new good quality sound cards that i intend to try within a few days. I am dubious to the sugestion that the problem I am experiencing is related to my computer. Sounds like a convenient answer to me. If this actually gets posted I'll try to keep you up to date (next few days) on whether or not it IS my sound\video card. Could save you a few bucks or lend credibility to the suggestions I've received. Wish I could do more-hang on a bit if you can! GG
[b] I had not used the emachines computer to play DVD in 40 to 60 days. When i loaded a DVD to play the result was choppy in both video and audio. I think i have had similar problems previously. I contacted Cyberlink and was provided with a download link to attempt a fix. I removed PowerDVD from the add/remove programs in control panel and reinstalled the downloaded Version 6 Deluxe. I had no better performance after the reinstallation. I have several computers and to play the DVD I used another one that had PowerDVD version 5.0. This computer had been unused since I did a system restore on it. The problem unit-emachines (unit #1) also had system restore at the same time as unit #2 . Unit #2 played the DVD flawlessly. I have tried several new DVD's prerecorded such as store bought movies and the trouble with the audio and video is the same...still the "choppy " look and sound. Not hanging up-just problem i described. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. No better. The same DVD's play in unit #2 with PowerDVD 5.0 - the version that was on the computer after the system restore. Several weeks have passed with no improvement in unit #1 with PowerDVD 6 Deluxe. Unit #2 a Gateway with version 5.0 is smooth and the sound is good. I run disk cleanup several times each day, alsoi defrag and disk check. Any ideas why the problem with the playing of DVD's? I can play CD's ...rip, burn...whatever. Even write DVD's...Cannot play them. Help me. Thanks......
Go to: