Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It has been very long time since my last post. No answer and new release from Cyberlink at all. 5 infected files of PowerDVD 9 still under BitDefender quarantine.

Cyberlink, do you listen to customer?
Yes version 2521 PowerDVD8 Ultra was fixed, no alarm as you said. But now I'm on PowerDVD 9 Ultra Build 1501, still problem are there with BitDefender and other antivirus software
McAfee Virus Scan will not be able to locate these 5 infected files!
In PowerDVD Ultra 9 build 1501, the infected files with Packer.RLPack.D are: ddabc.dll, ddabcd.dll, ddor2.dll, ddor2d.dll and d264dec.ax

Download the installation file from Cyberlink, and scan it with BitDefender or Avast will locate these 5 infexcted files
I wrote to Cyberlink support. They aware of this problem and said they may be false alarm. They said that notification has been made to R&D but still no promise on how to solve this unbelievable problem!

If I un-quarantine the files and run PowerDVD. Whenever these files are called, BitDefender will faithfully put them to quarantine immediately.

This is very serious problem to Cyberlink

They never listen to customer
Every time I asked Cyberlink support, they will tell me to uninstall and reinstall the software. This is absolutely silly! It will never solve the Packer.RLPack.D problem! I need a clean files to be placed back into the \VideoFilter folder to make PowerDVD work as it should be
ANd whay Cyberlink has to use RLPack that resulted in alrm in almopst all antivirus software!!!! Is there any better solution to protect Cyberlink product that have no problem like these?
I have just upgraded to PowerDVD 9 Ultra today. The same, there are five files that are infected by Packer.RLPack.D.

My antivirus software (BitDefender Internet Security 2009) won't allow these files to be placed in c:\Program FIles\Cyberlink\PowerDVD9\VideoFilter folders. as it should be.

It put all these 5 files into quarantine. These files are: ddabc.dll, ddabcd.dll, ddor2.dll, ddor2d.dll and d264dec.ax

My installation of Power DVD 9 Ultra completed and PowerDVD9 started OK.

If these 5 files are mssing (since they are placed into quarantine folder by BitDefender), will my PowerDVD9 have any operation problem?

I cannot get support that clearly answer my question from Cyberlink. Can some friend here tell me what are they and how they will afrfect my PowerDVD operation if they are missing?
If you go to Google and enter ddabc.dll or enter ddabcd.dll, you will see that they are all trojan!!!

What these 4 files do for PowerDVD? Why they just appeared on build 2521 and 2430 but notin prior build like 2217a? I tried to get answer from Cyberlink but no hope!

Can any friend here clarfy? Thank!
Just downloaded Build 2430 from Cyberlink website as per customer service instruction filename: PDVD8_2430U_DVD081202-02.exe. Then right after download, I manually scan the downloaded files with BitDefender Internet Security 2009,

Found Packer.RLPAck.D virus in Data1.cab included in the installation archive.

And after extraction, these files are: ddabc.dll, ddabcd.dll, ddorz.dll, ddorzd.dll in \VideoFilter folder under c:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD8.

These filese were found in both build 2430 and 2521!!!

SO I proceed to install build 2521, then remover these 4 quarantined virus files in BirDefender, PowerDVD8 Ultra start and run fine.

These 4 files may be unnecessary and come from Cyberlink's infected PC? I never seen these files in build 2217a and before.

I don't think my PC was infected. This is because I did a manual scan of the update file downloaded from Cyberlink website (File name: PowerDVD8.2521_DVD81202-02.exe) with BitDefender Internet Security 2009 and it reported 3 incidence of infected files in data1.cab installation file. I also download a patch file (PowerDVD_Patch_DVD081231-02.exe and scan it, the same result!

So when I install the file downloaded, the 4 infected files were autiomatically quarantined! My PC is not infected yet. But I'm sure there are virus in Cyberlink update file of build 2521. Scan of build 2217a was clean!

ANy friend can confirm this incident? AFter conplianing to Cyberlink, the customer service point m,e to build 2430! I will scan test and report. Hope it will be fine!
While attempting to update PowerDVD 8 Ultra to the new build 2521, BitDefender Internet Security 2009 detected and quarantined 4 files infected with Packer.RLPack.D Trojan. Theses files are in VideoFIlter folder, and are: ddabc.dll, ddabcd.dll, ddorz.dll, ddorzd.dll.

Search Google by entering ddabc.dll and ddabcd.dll confirmed that these are Trojan! McAfee cannot detect this trojan!

Hey Cyberlink, do you want to infect your customers' PC with virus and trojan?

What these 4 filese neeeded for PowerDVD, the last buil;d never have these files
Go to: