Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I finally got a chance to reboot my machine and see if the GPU checkbox is enabled or not. It will isn't, so I'm going to try and completely uninstall Cyberlink powerdirector, and reinstall it to see if that makes a difference somehow. Also, I did notice one machine difference. I am running Vista 64 bit. I'm wondering if that's what it is?

Kevin
I was pretty sure I tried to output an MPEG2 as well, but still didn't see the checkbox, but I will reboot the PC tonight and try a variety of different outputs and show them all here. Hopefully I will see the checkbox appear. I'll let everyone know soon!

Thanks!
Kevin
Also I have an i7 processor with 6GB of ram...
Looks like this is now available on the Updates downloads. I'm working on installing it now..

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_en_US.html

Kevin
I have a 64 bit vista operating system with an ATI Radeon 4850 card.
I followed the following steps today:

1) Downloaded the latest 2519 patch
2) Installed the patch.
3) Opened up PowerDirector and went to Edit --> Preferences -->Editing menu. The GPU box is still greyed out and non selectable.
4) I then downloaded the latest ATI graphics drivers, installed them and rebooted.
5) I ran powerdirector again and still the checkbox is greyed out.
6) I then reinstalled the update patch again, just in case my updating of the drivers caused some type of issue.
7) Ran PowerDirector again, and still the checkbox is not enabled.

When I drop a video in and goto produce - create a file - mpeg2 and next the GPU is disabled.

How can I enable the checkbox to get full GPU functionality?

Kevin

So if there is no upgrade, how can I get v2521 on my machine from v2429a?
I currently have powerdirector 7, version 2429a on my computer. I noticed that they came out with an upgrade for the ATI graphics cards, yesterday 2/2/2009 according to the posting.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4395.page#21817

Where is that update located (v2521)? I can't seem to find it in the update section on the site?

Kevin
Go to: