Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I often have a 2-hour-plus video that I want to burn to a DL disc. Since PD has crashed during disc creation before, I always create the DVD folder first, then burn the DVD with another program. How, exactly, do I get PD to create a VOB folder for a Dual Layer disc? I've selected 8.5GB capacity and DVD HQ in the "Create Disc Preferences," and checked only "Create a DVD Folder" in the "Burn" properties.

If the project is greater than 8.4GB, I get a warning message saying, "Disc folder cannot exceed 8.4GB." So I go back and select "Smart Fit". When the folder creation process is complete and I go look at the folder contents, there are only 4.5GB or so of VOB files. For some reason it has "Smart Fit" my dual layer selection down to a standard single-layer disc. This is confirmed when I open ImgBurn and select that VIDEO_TS folder. The contents auto-calculate to less than 4.7GB.

Why won't it stick to creating a DVD folder large enough for a DL disc like I asked it to? Also, does Smart Fit compress the video and degrade the quality? Is that how it works?

Thanks, all...
jeff
I have a bunch of VOB files that I ripped off a DVD. The original DVD had menu selections such as "Audio Setup," "Special Features," etc. Once all VOB files are loaded into PD7, can I burn those files to a DVD while preserving those specific menus? Or is all menu information stripped out? I see that when I am in "Create Disc" the first two "Items" are "Play All" and "Chapters". If the original menu selections are not preserved in the VOB files, is there a way to recreate them with new "Items"?

Thanks...
jeff
I would like to use text-only menu buttons on the "Chapter Page". Is there any to override the 6-button limit, even if it means modifying some file?

jeff
Robert,

I saw that same problem from day one. The only way I found to get around it was to build a menu from scratch. It wasn't too time-consuming, and now I've got a custom menu saved that I can modify for future use.

jeff
Go to: