Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am SHOCKED that people find this method acceptable as a workaround. I recently downloaded the trial of PowerDirector 7 and it has been a complete waste of hours of my time.

I really WANT to like this software, but it's making it impossible. I too am getting the C0040004 error when trying to create DVD. I have absolutely no interest in rendering each scene independently. The reason I'm looking into this product in the first place is for ease of use. I tried the reinstall of Quicktime method that Scott suggested to no avail. No matter what I do it crashes at 96%. I was able to successfully burn a DVD with no menu, so it seems to be an issue with authoring the menu.

I am using Vista and all of my imported files are DV AVI files.

I am also unable to capture any video from my camcorder (Panasonic GS70), but that is a minor quibble for me since I capture all of my video using Scenalyzer. But when I attempt to capture in PowerDirector it starts to access the camcorder (I hear the tape start to churn), and then crashes.

I tried just about every consumer level video editor and like this one the best. Unfortunately unless I can get this problem resolved (without some convoluted workaround) I'll be purchasing elsewhere.

I also tried Scott's suggestion of reinstalling Quicktime to no avail.

Also, not sure if this is meaningful, but all of my AVI files are on a file server on my home network.
Go to: